PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Peoria, IL, United States, 2010/06/22 - Firm Foundation, a division of RSM McGladrey, Inc. that provides access to a successful alliance of like-sized firms, announces their Firm Foundation 3rd Annual Member Conference, June 27-29, 2010 will be held in Minneapolis, MN.
Firm Foundation, announces their Firm Foundation 3rd Annual Member Conference, June 27-29, 2010 will be held at Hilton Minneapolis, Minneapolis, MN.
The Firm Foundation Member Conference is intended for partners and senior managers of Firm Foundation member firms who want to share best practices and learn about emerging trends and opportunities in the accounting industry. “In addition to our accounting industry update and technical breakout sessions, we've added industry focus groups to help our members share and learn about best practices with peers related to the industries they serve,” said Dean Sengstock, Managing Director, Firm Foundation. “Our special networking program will provide leaders of our member firms additional time to get to know their peers, alliance partners, and the Firm Foundation team,” continued Sengstock.
The 3rd Annual Firm Foundation Member Conference will provide members with:
• A Profession Update: Where We Are Today – Heidi Brundage, AICPA, will investigate the most significant happenings that are affecting CPAs and where the profession stands today.
• A Firm Foundation Member’s Approach to Client Service – Tom Wheelwright, ProVision, PLC, will share some historical perspective of his firm and the key elements in his client service approach that allow his firm to unlock the hidden value in his client base.
• Change is Constant: Leaders are the Biggest Variable – Sue Boehlke, Center for Character-based Leadership, will explore some specific ideas on how to more effectively navigate change and discover a broader perspective of how to leverage change as an opportunity versus a threat and resources to take your leadership game up to the next level.
• Roundtable Sessions will include industry updates from member experts in construction/real estate, health care, high net worth individuals, and not for profit, with time dedicated to open discussion and best practice sharing.
• Technical Update Sessions will offer a review of technical developments and emerging issues in a variety of accounting and tax areas including fair value measurement and disclosure issues, new guidance for VIE consolidation, revenue recognition for multiple-deliverable arrangements, new rules for not-for-profit mergers and acquisitions, pass-throughs, C corporations and individual federal tax items.
Firm Foundation, a division of RSM McGladrey, is an association of U.S.-based independent accounting firms with 10 to 40 full-time employees. Firm Foundation members benefit through access to a successful alliance of like-sized firms and a broad range of technical expertise and practice management resources including human resource tools, marketing tools, tax tools, and a variety of additional tools and services. For more information call 800.537.7163.
Vicki LaBrosse, Accounting Edge Marketing
P: 651-552-7753 / E: vlabrosse[.]AccountingEdgeMarketing.com.