PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Crumlin, Antrim, United Kingdom, 2010/02/19 - Randox Therapeutic Drug Monitoring (TDM) kits offer accurate determination of drugs in a patient’s blood, ensuring they receive the most effective dosage of medication with the least possible toxicity.
Tests include digoxin, gentamicin, lithium, phenytoin, theophylline, valproic acid, phenobarbital and carbamazepine.
These accurate assays are available on a wide range of clinical analysers, are easy to use and guarantee reproducibility of results.
Randox provide tests for therapeutic drugs that work best over a very small range. The window between the patient under and overdosing is so small the drug must be closely monitored. Insufficient levels mean the drug is not effective and excessive levels can lead to toxicity, tissue damage and complications for the patient. Monitoring these drugs is therefore very important, especially in cases where patients take more than one medication, as these can often interact.
Therapeutic drug quality controls are also available from Randox. These controls, which are 100% human in origin, contain a comprehensive menu of 18 analytes with method specific target values and ranges quoted for the most common instruments and methods.
• Randox (randox.com) is an international diagnostic solutions company, headquartered in the UK with 25 offices worldwide.
• Randox is a market leader in developing, manufacturing and marketing clinical diagnostic products including the revolutionary Biochip Array Technology, clinical chemistry analysers and reagents, quality controls and EQA as well as a complete life science range.
• Randox provides innovative products to over 30,000 customers worldwide ranging from hospitals and research laboratories to veterinary laboratories, pharmaceutical companies and crime labs.
• Re-invests significantly into Research and Development.
• 5 x Winners of the Queen’s Award for Enterprise.
- Invest NI Innovator of the Year 2009
- Manufacturing Excellence Award 2009 for Product Innovation
• Randox is revolutionising healthcare through continuously improving diagnostic solutions.