PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Ann Arbor, MI, United States, 2010/01/19 - The Annual Collaboration for Entrepreneurship (ACE) is an event that celebrates and promotes entrepreneurship in the Great Lakes region.
ACE began in Michigan in 2001 as a joint meeting hosted by the New Enterprise Forum (NEF) and the MIT Enterprise Forum of the Great Lakes. Today, seven additional organizations participate in organizing the event, with more than one dozen other organizations supporting and promoting it. The scope of ACE has grown to encompass participants from the broader Great Lakes region, with ACE being recognized as the largest, single-day entrepreneurial event in the region. On January 21, 2010, more than 700 entrepreneurs, investors, exhibitors and business colleagues will be in attendance at Ann Arbor’s Skyline High School, from 4:00 to 9:00 p.m for ACE ‘10.
ACE '10 Highlights Include:
• Emcee: Chris Holman, Small Business Advocate at MEDC, publisher, and TV & radio host;
• Showcase Presentation: James Herbert, Ph.D. – CEO, Neogen Corporation;
• Company and support organization displays – 30+ Michigan pre-seed and seed stage companies will exhibit;
• Elevator pitch competition between six early-stage company principals;
• Three interactive workshops;
• Intercollegiate pitch competition;
• Biz Idea Tweet competition;
• Presentation of GLEQ awards (Great Lakes Entrepreneur’s Quest);
• Networking and refreshments.
Organizing Partners, Stakeholders & Sponsors:
The Annual Collaboration for Entrepreneurs is possible each year through the volunteer efforts of many, as well as the support of many businesses and organizations, committed to the success of their communities, colleagues and the State of Michigan overall.
ACE '10 Organizing Partners:
• New Enterprise Forum;
• MIT Enterprise Forum of the Great Lakes;
• Ann Arbor SPARK;
• Automation Alley;
• Great Lakes Entrepreneur's Quest (GLEQ);
• Michigan Small Business & Technology Development Center;
• Regional Growth Partnership and Rocket Ventures of Toledo;
• University of Michigan College of Engineering Center for Entrepreneurship;
• University of Michigan Technology Transfer Office.
ACE ’10 Sponsors:
• Butzel Long – Lead Sponsor
• Great Lakes Entrepreneur's Quest – Partner Sponsor
• Michigan Economic Development Corporation – Event Co-Sponsor
• Samuel Zell & Robert H. Lurie Institute for Entrepreneurial Studies – Workshop Sponsor
• Bank of Ann Arbor – Contributing Sponsor
• Bizdom U – Contributing Sponsor
• Eastern Michigan University – Contributing Sponsor
• Logic Solutions, Inc. – Contributing Sponsor
• Michigan CFO Associates – Contributing Sponsor
• Michigan Venture Capital Association – Contributing Sponsor
• Corp! Magazine – Media Co-Sponsor
• Hour Media – dBusiness – Media Co-Sponsor
• MiTechNews – Media Sponsor
• 3d Sparkle – In-Kind Sponsor
• Avalon LLC – In-Kind Sponsor
• Business Review – In-Kind Sponsor
• FilmEmerge Foundation – In-Kind Sponsor
• Global Design – In-Kind Sponsor
• Online Tech – In-Kind Sponsor
For more information on ACE ’10, please visit our website. For media credentials and interview opportunities the evening of or post the event, please contact Vita Merlotti. You can also connect with ACE ‘10 via LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.