PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Orem, UT, United States, 2009/12/11 - The Utah Valley Entrepreneurial Forum (UVEF) today announced winners of the 2009 Annual UVEF Awards. The awards recognize Utah companies and leaders for innovation, business growth and contributions to the entrepreneurial community.
The Utah Valley Entrepreneurial Forum (UVEF) today announced winners of the 2009 Annual UVEF Awards. The awards recognize Utah companies and leaders for innovation, business growth and contributions to the entrepreneurial community. Award recipients were honored at ceremonies held today at the Provo Novell Campus.
“These winners represent the spirit of entrepreneurship, which is to take risks and then help others,” said UVEF chair Roger Andrus. “They are a critical part of why Utah has one of the lowest unemployment rates in this recession.”
The 2009 Winners are as follows:
• Most Innovative Product – Henry O'Connell, President and CEO of Millenniata, for the M-ARC™ Disc
• Ron King Social Entrepreneur of the Year – Louis Pope, Founder of Yehu Microfinance
• Greatest Contribution to Entrepreneurs – Scott Frazier, Co-founder of Utah Angels
• Utah Valley’s Best Kept Entrepreneurial Secret - Chris Boyle, CEO of Access Technology
• Entrepreneur of the Year –Josh James, founder of Omniture.
At a ceremony held last month, UVEF inducted Stephen R. Covey to the 2009 UVEF Hall of Fame. More details at uvef.net.
UVEF (uvef.net) is a volunteer non-profit support group linking entrepreneurs to Money, Markets, and Mentors. Celebrating 20 years of new business success, UVEF empowers current and future business leaders to thrive in today’s competitive market. We provide real-world, practical education and valuable resources on how to access needed capital, attract new customers and tap into industry experts. For information on upcoming meetings, speakers and exclusive membership benefits visit our website.