PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Marlborough, MA, United States, 2008/12/09 - A new high-speed, in-line automatic crankshaft measurement gage for production environments that provides sub-micron accuracy has been introduced by ADCOLE Corporation of Marlborough, Massachusetts.
The Adcole Model 1300 High-Speed Crankshaft Gage features a powered tail-stock and part driver to permit fully automatic loading and is offered in versions to accommodate crankshafts up to 1.0 meters. Capable of measuring diameters, roundness, cylindricity, timing angle, and stroke with sub-micron accuracy, this in-line gage utilizes individual followers for the rod and main journals and can achieve <1 minute cycle times.
Designed for operating two or three shifts per day, the Adcole Model 1300 High-Speed Crankshaft Gage has a granite surface and incorporates the latest technology in controls, air bearings, and optical linear scales for end-of-line accuracy. Utilizing a touch-screen and Windows XP® user interface, application specific programs are offered to provide routines that can measure, calculate, and output printed as well as plotted results.
The Adcole Model 1300 High-Speed Crankshaft Gage is priced from $495,000.00, depending upon configuration. Literature is available upon request.
Features and Benefits of the ADCOLE Model 1300:
• Can handle up to 39" (1000 mm) length part (optional lengths are available);
• Capable of measuring as many as 24 features (lobes and journals);
• Measuring times between 50 to 65 seconds, depending on the size of the part;
• Modular design for easy and maintenance;
• Easy follower relocation for part variations;
• 3600 data points per revolution per follower;
• User-friendly software and programming menus;
• Shop floor-hardened design;
• Full length/width precision granite surface plate;
• Programmable reporting;
• Automation communication and integration.
• Programmable part elevator for accurate load/unload of parts into gage;
• Clean and calibration bars are loaded/unloaded by the robot or gantry. Used to insert a cleaning bar for the follower tips than a calibration check of the gage;
• Part identification;
• LVDT nest for measuring spacing, flatness and run out of thrust faces;
• Chatter Analysis Software for monitoring grinders and machining.
Crankshaft Measurement Parameters:
• Main and pin journal diameter, measured at three locations per journal (over oil holes were required). Accommodates journals of different diameters within the same part;
• Main and pin journal circularity (roundness) with LSC, MZC, (MRS), MIC and MCC circle evaluation methods according to ISO 6318;
• Lobing evaluation over 360 degrees with selectable sliding window;
• Main and pin journal cylindricity;
• Main and pin journal straightness (linear profile) and barreling;
• Main and pin journal taper;
• Main and pin journal parallelism;
• Main and pin journal center deviation;
• Main journal thrust face radial and face run out;
• Main journal concentricity/eccentricity and part bow correction to end journals;
• Pin journal angular position (index error);
• Pin journal throw and true position;
• Linear error plots or polar plots to CRT or printer with reference circle;
• Calibration verification and temperature compensation.
Adcole Corporation (adcole.com) has manufacturing plants located in Marlborough, MA. and Pompano Beach, FL. All Adcole gages are assembled, tested and certified at the company-owned, custom-designed building in Marlborough.