Visitors to this year’s Learning Technologies exhibition, at London’s Olympia 2 on 25th and 26th January, can discover the latest application of e-learning technologies at the ‘Workflow Learning Centre’, on the stand run by Trainer1, one of the UK’s leading independent e-learning specialists.
Trainer1 staff will be on hand to guide visitors through the principles and practices associated with this new concept in e-learning, which has been made possible by recent improvements in information technology.
Neil Lasher, managing director of Trainer1, explained: “Over the ten years or so that Trainer1 has been developing e-learning programs, the skills and experience that we have built up have led us to conclude that learners want to use e-learning as a ‘knowledge tool’, being able to dip in and out of the material.”
“People want instant access to exactly the information they need when they need it and, increasingly, this is possible through advancements in technology which make possible new knowledge delivery tools.” said Lasher.
These include Trainer1’s suite of workflow learning tools:
• Context Sensitive Learning™ (CSL™) is Trainer1’s revolutionary delivery system that uses e-learning to give the end users the IT-related learning information they need at the moment they need it. In the last few months, Trainer1 has signed distribution deals for this product with resellers in the USA, Europe, Asia and Australasia.
• Response Environment for Active Knowledge Transfer™ (reaKt™) is a tool that will deliver informal learning of any type from a search engine. It is designed to work with non-IT programmes – such as influencing skills and interview techniques – and, as such, is a complementary product to Trainer1’s CSL™.
• Argonaut™ is a ‘.NET’ knowledge management tool which supports all file types including documents, pdfs, videos and sound and manages all types of material in a variety of formats consistently organised in one application. The system, in use at the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister (ODPM), is based around a browser driven search engine and enables the user to retrieve all forms of information quickly and effectively.
Trainer1 is one of the UK’s leading independent e-learning specialists, creating sophisticated courseware for learning. It has lengthy experience in computer delivered learning. In particular, Trainer1 develops, supplies and supports:
• Authoring tools - for the creation of content, meeting SCORM, AICC, LRN, XML, and QTI standards.
• Learning and Knowledge Management tools - for the management and distribution of content, including accreditation and reporting of data within existing databases.
• Delivery systems for workflow learning - CSL™.
• Tools and libraries to create multimedia content, including image editors, easy to use Flash production tools, libraries of sound, graphics and animation.
• Specialised training events to assist trainers become self sufficient in e-learning design and production.
• Development services in the creation and maintenance of learning content.
Trainer1’s client list includes international major corporations such as ABN AMRO, Kraft Foods, Deutsche Post (DHL) and Mitsubishi Corporation, along with clients including the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister in the UK, the Department for International Development, and the UK’s Royal Hospital for Neuro-Disability, along with many municipal authorities.
Trainer1 is privately owned and remains a small, friendly company providing high quality product combined with personal service to Blue Chip Companies, as well as small and medium sized enterprises. Trainer1 is a member of many e-learning organisations, and Neil Lasher, Trainer1’s managing director is a committee member of the ELN and President (in 2006) of the Global Network of ASTD UK. He also works with standards bodies to ensure technology is meeting the needs of users worldwide, as well as the guidelines determined by the governing groups in the e-learning industry.
Further information from
Neil Lasher, Trainer1, 020 7264 4844