PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Nanterre, Hauts-de-Seine, France, 2023/10/25 - These projects will strengthen the transmission of carbon-free energy from future production plants (photovoltaic farms and onshore wind farms, located in eastern Brazil) and boost the capacity of the national electricity grid - VINCI.com. CAC 40; Euronext 100
• A public-private partnership contract for the conception, construction and operation of a 349 km high-voltage lines in Minas Gerais State;
• Two design-build contracts for a total of almost 1,600 km of electricity transmission lines and associated substations.
Following an auction organised by the National Electricity Agency (ANEEL) of Brazil for around 6,000 km of new electrical transmission lines divided into nine lots, Cobra IS - through its Brazilian subsidiaries - was awarded three lots:
• Lot 3, as part of a public-private partnership involving a 349 km 500 kV power transmission line and the extension of two existing substations in Minas Gerais State. The associated investment is in the region of €150 million;
Two design-build lots, worth a total of around €570 million1, for Companhia de Transmissão de Energia Elétrica Paulista (CTEEP):
• Lot 1, with a total length of 1,092 km and three new substations in the states of Minas Gerais and Bahia;
• Lot 7, 507 km long, plus a new substation in the states of Minas Gerais and Rio de Janeiro.
These projects will strengthen the transmission of carbon-free energy from future production plants (photovoltaic farms and onshore wind farms, located in eastern Brazil) and boost the capacity of the national electricity grid.
Cobra IS has built more than 32,000 km of power lines in Brazil over the past twenty years.
VINCI is a global player in concessions, energy and construction, employing more than 272,000 people in more than 120 countries. We design, finance, build and operate infrastructure and facilities that help improve daily life and mobility for all. Because we believe in all-round performance, we are committed to operating in an environmentally, socially responsible and ethical manner. And because our projects are in the public interest, we consider that reaching out to all our stakeholders and engaging in dialogue with them is essential in the conduct of our business activities. Based on that approach, VINCI’s ambition is to create long-term value for its customers, shareholders, employees, partners and society in general.