• Snapdragon® 8 Gen 2 for Galaxy powers Samsung Galaxy S23 series globally bringing accelerated performance making it the fastest Snapdragon ever and defining a new standard for connected computing, including desktop-level gaming features, professional grade photography, and more to consumers around the world.
• The Samsung Galaxy S23 series features Qualcomm Technologies’ leading connectivity solutions, including the Snapdragon® X70 Modem-RF System, the world’s fastest and smartest 5G modem-RF system, and Qualcomm® FastConnect™ for high-speed and ultra-low latency Wi-Fi, and the latest Bluetooth audio enhancements.
• Galaxy S23 series launch underscores Qualcomm Technologies and Samsung’s mutual commitment to delivering premium consumer experiences for flagship Galaxy devices.
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. announced that the premium Snapdragon® 8 Gen 2 Mobile Platform for Galaxy is powering Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.’s latest flagship Galaxy S23 series globally. This new customization of Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 features accelerated performance making it the fastest Snapdragon ever and defining a new standard for connected computing. The launch of the Galaxy S23 series underscores both companies’ commitment to deliver leading premium consumer experiences for flagship Galaxy devices.
“Our strong strategic partnership with Samsung is a result of our mutual commitment to innovation and delivering the world’s best smartphone experiences to consumers,” said Cristiano Amon, president and chief executive officer, Qualcomm Incorporated. “We are thrilled to have Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 for Galaxy power the Galaxy S23 series globally.”
“We value our long-standing strategic partnership with Qualcomm Technologies. They are at the forefront of technology innovation and differentiation, making them the partner of choice to deliver the latest cutting-edge mobile experiences for today and beyond,” said TM Roh, president and head of mobile experience business at Samsung Electronics. “Our new flagship Galaxy S23 series, powered by Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 for Galaxy, sets a new standard for premium mobile experiences and we can’t wait for consumers to get their hands on it.”
Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Technology Highlights
• Performance: Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 for Galaxy features an accelerated Qualcomm® Kryo™ CPU with up to 3.36GHz peak speeds making it the fastest Snapdragon ever. It also features an upgraded Qualcomm® Adreno™ GPU, which has been significantly improved in both performance and power efficiency1, giving the Galaxy S23 series the ability to showcase beyond epic graphics.
• Snapdragon Gaming: The accelerated Qualcomm® Adreno™ GPU enables real time hardware-accelerated ray tracing to deliver life-like light, reflections, and illuminations in mobile games. With support for the latest Vulkan APIs (version 1.3), the Galaxy S23 series enables improved graphics performance and helps developers accelerate the transition of desktop games to mobile. Gamers on the Galaxy S23 series will be able to experience photorealistic human characters in their games due to support for the Unreal Engine 5 Metahumans Framework. The Galaxy S23 series also features a Snapdragon Game Post Processing Accelerator, which adds effects like bloom, depth of field, motion blur, and more with improved performance.
Snapdragon Sight™: The Galaxy S23 series is set to define a new era of professional quality camera experiences with support from Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 for Galaxy. Samsung’s Galaxy S23 is the world’s first smartphone to use Snapdragon’s Cognitive ISP to enable real-time Semantic Segmentation to enhance images. Powered by Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 for Galaxy, the Galaxy S23 series also features ultra low-light video capture, multi-frame noise reduction, and 200MP2 photo capture.
• Snapdragon Smart: The Galaxy S23 series includes our fastest, most advanced Qualcomm® AI Engine providing groundbreaking AI integrated across Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 for Galaxy. Fueled by an upgraded Qualcomm® Hexagon™ Processor, the Galaxy S23 series enables micro tile inferencing to help accelerate complex AI models for increased AI performance. Featuring the latest Qualcomm® Sensing Hub, the Galaxy S23 series now packs dual AI processors to support intuitive on-device AI experiences like echo cancelling and noise cancellation during calls.
• Connectivity: The Galaxy S23 series boasts unparalleled Snapdragon Connect technologies across 5G, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth®. Featuring the multiple-award-winning Snapdragon X70 5G Modem-RF System with the Qualcomm® 5G AI Processor, the Galaxy S23 series harnesses the power of AI to enable breakthrough 5G coverage, power efficiency, speeds, and latency. These new devices also support 5G+5G/4G Dual-SIM Dual-Active3, which harnesses the power and flexibility of two 5G SIMs at once. Additionally, all Galaxy S23 series variants feature the Qualcomm® FastConnect™ 6900 and 7800 systems delivering multi-gigabit Wi-Fi speeds, ultra-low latency, and deeply immersive Bluetooth Audio experiences.
• Qualcomm® 3D Sonic: The Galaxy S23 series also features an in-display Qualcomm 3D Sonic Sensor Gen 2. Unlike alternative authentication solutions, Qualcomm 3D Sonic Sensor uses acoustic-based technology that reflects the unique features of a user’s individual fingerprint.
Qualcomm (qualcomm.com) is enabling a world where everyone and everything can be intelligently connected. Our one technology roadmap allows us to efficiently scale the technologies that launched the mobile revolution including advanced connectivity, high-performance, low-power compute, on-device intelligence and more to the next generation of connected smart devices across industries. Innovations from Qualcomm and our family of Snapdragon platforms will help enable cloud-edge convergence, transform industries, accelerate the digital economy, and revolutionize how we experience the world, for the greater good.
Qualcomm Incorporated includes our licensing business, QTL, and the vast majority of our patent portfolio. Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., a subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated, operates, along with its subsidiaries, substantially all of our engineering, research and development functions, and substantially all of our products and services businesses, including our QCT semiconductor business. Snapdragon and Qualcomm branded products are products of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries. Qualcomm patented technologies are licensed by Qualcomm Incorporated.
1. Compared to Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Mobile Platform
2. Featured in the Galaxy S23 Ultra’s wide camera
3. Available in China
Qualcomm Contact: Mauricio Lopez-Hodoyan - Investor Relations
P: 858-658-4813 - E: ir[.]qualcomm.com.