• The Qualcomm® QCS8250 Video Collaboration Reference Design provides AI performance for audio and video features delivering more engaging and immersive hybrid video conferencing experiences.
• Qualcomm® AI Suite for Video Collaboration/Video Conferencing enables premium video conferencing AI features including dynamic and automatic group and speaker framing, and noise suppression.
• All-in-one-solution delivers a premium video collaboration experience for enterprise conferencing applications like Microsoft Teams Room and Zoom Rooms.
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. announced its latest intelligent video collaboration solution, the Qualcomm® QCS8250 Video Collaboration Reference Design, an all-in-one HW and SW platform natively supporting unified communications applications with on-device AI and superior camera and audio quality. The solution is designed to enhance virtual meetings and collaboration in today’s modern hybrid work environments.
The Qualcomm QCS8250 Video Collaboration Reference Design combines industry-leading technology in audio, video, and AI to deliver features that eliminate distractions, enhance productivity and allow virtual meeting participants to feel fully immersed, while in-person participants can easily engage with their on-screen colleagues.
This all-in-one reference design is targeted for medium to large conference rooms, and can natively run unified communications applications or operate in device mode for PC hosted meetings. The platform leverages the Qualcomm® AI Suite for Video Collaboration/Video Conferencing to offer customizable on-device AI capabilities that are specifically tailored to enhance the video conferencing experience including:
• AI Group Framing: Our video AI will automatically detect people in the conference room and smoothly zoom in or out using its three Ultra HD cameras (ultra-wide, wide and telephoto) to provide an optimal view of all the meeting participants.
• AI Speaker Framing: By combining Qualcomm Technologies’ audio capture with our video AI and virtually seamless switching between three 4K UltraHD cameras it can identify a person who is speaking and zoom in on that person to provide a close up, more detailed view of the presenter.
• AI Noise Suppression: State-of-the-art neural networks-based noise suppression technology isolates a speaker’s voice, and eliminates distracting, background noises such as food wrappers being opened, paper shuffling, pen clicking, or keyboard typing, without needing multiple microphones required by traditional solutions.
Additionally, the Qualcomm QCS8250 AI framework is designed in a modular fashion to facilitate third-party independent software vendors to easily enable support for other AI features.
“Today’s distributed workforce and evolving hybrid work and learning environments increasingly demand video collaboration solutions that will keep employees and colleagues productive and engaged,” said Dev Singh, vice president, business development, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. “Qualcomm Technologies is continuing to push the boundaries of AI across audio, camera and video, and our latest Qualcomm QCS8250 reference design enables more immersive, virtually seamless video conferencing experiences that ensures all colleagues, whether in-person or remote, can be clearly seen and heard.”
The Qualcomm QCS8250 video collaboration reference design, pre-qualified and tested for Microsoft Teams, is a ready-to-use platform that allows OEMs to quickly create, customize and launch new video conferencing products with the latest AI audio and video features.
The Qualcomm QCS8250 Video Collaboration Reference Design is available now.
Qualcomm (qualcomm.com) is enabling a world where everyone and everything can be intelligently connected. Our one technology roadmap allows us to efficiently scale the technologies that launched the mobile revolution including advanced connectivity, high-performance, low-power compute, on-device intelligence and more to the next generation of connected smart devices across industries. Innovations from Qualcomm and our family of Snapdragon platforms will help enable cloud-edge convergence, transform industries, accelerate the digital economy, and revolutionize how we experience the world, for the greater good.
Qualcomm Incorporated includes our licensing business, QTL, and the vast majority of our patent portfolio. Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., a subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated, operates, along with its subsidiaries, substantially all of our engineering, research and development functions, and substantially all of our products and services businesses, including our QCT semiconductor business. Snapdragon and Qualcomm branded products are products of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries. Qualcomm patented technologies are licensed by Qualcomm Incorporated.
Qualcomm is a trademark or registered trademark of Qualcomm Incorporated.
Qualcomm Contact: Mauricio Lopez-Hodoyan - Investor Relations
P: 858-658-4813 - E: ir[.]qualcomm.com.