• Qualcomm Technologies and Salesforce intend to design a new platform for automakers to extend their customer relationships and unlock new revenue channels;
• By connecting Salesforce Automotive Cloud and the Snapdragon® Digital Chassis™ Solution on one platform, Qualcomm Technologies and Salesforce aim to enable automakers to deliver personalized experiences that use fast or real-time analytics to learn and adapt to user preferences;
• Qualcomm Technologies’ connected services platform for automakers will be featured as a part of the Snapdragon Digital Chassis offerings for OEMs, fleet providers, automotive finance groups and Tier-1 suppliers to build and deploy new consumer and enterprise services.
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., a world leader in connected processing for the intelligent edge, and Salesforce, the global leader in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) today announced the companies intend to collaborate to develop a new intelligent connected vehicle platform for the automotive industry. Built with Snapdragon Digital Chassis and Salesforce Automotive Cloud, this new platform intends to give automakers, fleet providers, automotive finance groups and other suppliers the technology to design and deliver next generation, personalized customer experiences that can be updated throughout a vehicle’s lifecycle.
The automotive industry is in the midst of a massive transformation, with automakers looking to leverage new digital tools to build new revenue streams and enhance the customer experience. According to a Salesforce report, ninety three percent of all auto companies agree that first-party data, like website interaction, in-app usage, and purchase/service history, will help them substantially improve the customer experience.
Through this working relationship, Qualcomm Technologies and Salesforce aim to help automakers deliver immersive and personalized experiences that use comprehensive vehicle and driver data, including fast or real-time alerts, specific offers, and predictive services, such as preventative maintenance alerts and on-demand feature upgrades. This new platform will be intended to also give automakers the tools to customize service offerings for each user, and then deploy these offerings across all vehicles to build a fleet of dynamically configurable, software-defined vehicles (SDVs).
“We look forward to extending our growing relationship with Salesforce to help guide automakers through a time of exceptional innovation,” said Nakul Duggal, senior vice president and GM, automotive, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. “Through the combination of Salesforce’s solutions and our Snapdragon Digital Chassis Platform, we look forward to providing automakers with the tools to deliver unparalleled personalized experiences while strengthening relationships with the next generation of automotive customers.”
“The next revolution for the automotive industry is the rise of software-defined vehicles, and the Snapdragon Digital Chassis serves as a strong foundation for them,” said Alex Dayon, President and Chairman of the Salesforce Advisory Board. “We’re excited to work with Qualcomm Technologies to help automakers deliver this new generation of connected car experiences that will fundamentally redefine how we interact with our cars.”
With Salesforce Automotive Cloud and Qualcomm Technologies’ Snapdragon Digital Chassis, automakers will have the tools to:
• Better understand customers and their behaviors through connected vehicle and driver data;
• Build customized experiences that extend an automaker’s brand into the vehicle and helps them stay connected to customers with monetizable connected services;
• Dynamically configure vehicle features to accommodate new connected services, while lowering recurring costs and providing a seamless upgrade path for consumers;
• Deliver personalized experiences with real-time data to increase brand loyalty and value by adapting to user preferences;
• Help the automotive ecosystem better connect with customers using intelligent recommendations;
• Accelerate the development and delivery of third-party mobility services to create new revenue opportunities for transportation and captive finance companies.
The plans for the new intelligent connected vehicle platform aim to bring together key offerings from Salesforce Automotive Cloud and the Snapdragon Digital Chassis, including:
• A digital twin of the Snapdragon Digital Chassis on Automotive Cloud providing a complete, 360-degree view of the customer and vehicle for multiple domains through comprehensive driver and vehicle data;
• Intelligent edge and cloud driven APIs from Snapdragon® Car-to-Cloud Connected Services with Salesforce solutions to enable the provision of data to and from the vehicle, as well as a vast library of pre-integrated services for fast or real-time analytics, visualization and artificial intelligence (AI) across sales, service, marketing, dealerships, and finance;
• Snapdragon Car-to-Cloud Connected Services APIs integrated with MuleSoft, making it easier for developers to build new customer-centric applications.
Salesforce (salesforce.com), the global CRM leader, empowers companies of every size and industry to digitally transform and create a 360° view of their customers.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Salesforce applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
Qualcomm (qualcomm.com) is enabling a world where everyone and everything can be intelligently connected. Our one technology roadmap allows us to efficiently scale the technologies that launched the mobile revolution including advanced connectivity, high-performance, low-power compute, on-device intelligence and more to the next generation of connected smart devices across industries. Innovations from Qualcomm and our family of Snapdragon platforms will help enable cloud-edge convergence, transform industries, accelerate the digital economy, and revolutionize how we experience the world, for the greater good.
Qualcomm Incorporated includes our licensing business, QTL, and the vast majority of our patent portfolio. Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., a subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated, operates, along with its subsidiaries, substantially all of our engineering, research and development functions, and substantially all of our products and services businesses, including our QCT semiconductor business. Snapdragon and Qualcomm branded products are products of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries. Qualcomm patented technologies are licensed by Qualcomm Incorporated.
Snapdragon and Digital Chassis are trademarks or registered trademarks of Qualcomm Incorporated.
Snapdragon branded products are products of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries.
Qualcomm Contact: Mauricio Lopez-Hodoyan - Investor Relations
P: 858-658-4813 - E: ir[.]qualcomm.com.