Motorola Solutions will showcase at Critical Communications World 2022 (June 21-23, Vienna, Austria) (critical-communications-world.com) how its integrated, mission-critical ecosystem of technologies is helping the public safety sector to overcome its most complex and unpredictable challenges.
Public safety and military organisations must be ready to face any situation, while rapidly changing technologies and user requirements continue to drive the need for modernisation - including cross-border communication in major emergencies, identifying threats with artificial intelligence (AI), and deploying cloud solutions for remote operations.
Motorola Solutions will demonstrate how its suite of voice, video and software innovations can take public safety to new heights - simplifying and streamlining the way first responders work while upholding security and building trust with their communities. Motorola Solutions will display command centre software that spans the entire public safety workflow; body-worn, in-car and fixed video security offerings; Land Mobile Radio (LMR) and LTE unified communications; and its cybersecurity and managed services.
New solutions launching at CCW 2022 include:
• MXP7000 portable and MXM7000 mobile radios: The MXP7000 is an all-in-one mission-critical communications portable device that unifies TETRA and 4G LTE voice and data communications to enhance situational awareness, safety and productivity for the military and public safety. With its LTE connectivity, the versatile MXM7000 can turn any vehicle into a mobile broadband hotspot and extend connectivity by tethering a range of communications devices together.
• Critical Connect: This new cloud-based communication service eliminates barriers between different communication networks, supporting seamless voice and data communications that enables connectivity between multiple agencies during major emergencies or cross-border incidents.
• L6Q Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) system: The L6Q is a powerful quick-deploy ANPR solution ideal for targeted investigations, securing events and increasing protection at crime hotspots. The L6Q can accurately scan vehicles moving at up to 120 km/h and up to 23 meters away and features integrated infrared (IR) illumination and new starlight sensors enable the scanning of vehicles even in complete darkness.
Motorola Solutions senior vice president, Mark Schmidl, said the company’s integrated technologies at CCW are designed to help public safety agencies work more safely and effectively at every stage of their workflows. “From the first moment an emergency call is received, through to the closure of investigations, emergency services need technologies that support their mission of protecting communities.” Schmidl said.
“During CCW, we will demonstrate how our purposeful approach to research, development and technology design is fully aligned with our customers' needs, enabling them to uphold safety, work more efficiently, and build greater trust with the communities they serve,” he said.
CCW 2022 expert sessions
Motorola Solutions’ expert team will participate in the following sessions. Up-to-date information is available via the CCW website.
June 21, 2022
• 2:15-3:00 pm.: Panel discussion: Mission-critical communications in the climate crisis with Ricardo Gonzalez, MSSSI vice president, international core strategy, Motorola Solutions
• 3:15-5:30 pm.: FOCUS FORUM: TETRA - a technology in continuous evolution with Tim Clark, director strategy, Motorola Solutions
June 22, 2022
• 11:15-11:45 am.: The Future Mission of Public Protection and Disaster Relief Communications with Paul Steinberg, senior vice president of technology, Motorola Solutions
• 12:45 1:15 pm.: Enhancing mission-critical TETRA into the future with Mihai Madalin, technical director, STS.
• 1:30-5:30 pm.: FOCUS FORUM: Mission-critical broadband with Tim Clark, director strategy, Motorola Solutions
June 23, 2022
• 10:45-11:45 am.: Updates from SFPG: Security measures in critical communications with David Chater-Lea, fellow of the technical staff, Motorola Solutions
• 12:00 12:30 pm.: How to improve security in the digital world against cyber threats with Marcus Wale, senior account manager, and Sara Lasso de la Vega, sales manager, Cybersecurity, Motorola Solutions
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions (motorolasolutions.com) is a global leader in public safety and enterprise security. Our solutions in land mobile radio communications, video security & access control and command center software, bolstered by managed & support services, create an integrated technology ecosystem to help make communities safer and businesses stay productive and secure. At Motorola Solutions, we’re ushering in a new era in public safety and security.