Blue Yonder, a leading digital supply chain and omni-channel commerce fulfillment provider, is positioned as a Leader in the recently released Nucleus Research WFM Technology Value Matrix 2022 (nucleusresearch.com) based on its workforce management (WFM) solution’s ability to meet the needs of global retailers, wholesalers, and manufacturers.
“Our work with Blue Yonder’s WFM has been key to our success. We have been able to implement a solution that allows managers to generate schedules up to three weeks in advance, meeting the various state predictive scheduling legal requirements. In addition, we can react faster to scheduling needs to meet store and customer demands. More schedule stability helps increase both our sales and labor productivity, signaling a high return on investment. The solution also gives our employees more control over schedules, which creates more stability in their lives and they like that!” said Chris Harmon, WFM business analyst, Harris Teeter, LLC.
Blue Yonder was one of six vendors named a Leader among the vendors included in the report. The report cites several reasons Blue Yonder’s WFM is a Leader including:
• Employee work preferences are considered along with business needs to automatically generate schedules that are tailored to individuals for higher employee satisfaction.
• Labor planning and scheduling management time is significantly reduced by automating localized labor forecasts, labor plans, and weekly employee schedules that are automatically in compliance.
• Easy configuration without customization to accommodate federal and local labor regulations, business strategies, and other compliance considerations with the ability to instantly update settings as needed.
• Manager views of potential overstaffing and understaffing with mid-week schedule adjustments to mitigate issues before they occur and impact service levels.
• Long-range staff planning that leverages historical and real-time data to accurately forecast future staffing requirements aligned with budgets to proactively plan future hiring and cross-training opportunities.
• Mobile self-service capabilities where employees can view schedules, swap shifts, pick up or give up shifts, and request time off managers from any device.
“Blue Yonder remains an attractive choice for retailers, wholesalers, and manufacturers, as the solution integrates with the vendor’s supply chain planning solutions to deliver additional efficiencies related to industry-specific tasks and processes,” said Evelyn McMullen, research manager, Nucleus Research.
“Historic labor shortages have made companies much more aware of how important it is to retain talent and attract new associates. Today, it’s more important than ever to balance the needs of your workforce with those of your business. Our WFM has helped our customers reduce turnover and achieve higher levels of productivity and engagement for the frontline and managers alike,” said Desikan Madhavanur, chief development officer, Blue Yonder.
Blue Yonder’s WFM helps companies address today’s labor challenges with flexible scheduling, simplified labor compliance, time and attendance management, and long-range staff planning. Functionality is delivered via the SaaS-leveraging Microsoft Azure cloud platform for robust security, availability, and scalability. Recent new additions to the solution include employee health attestations, mobile clocking in and out of work using geofencing validation, and expanded compliance capabilities. Blue Yonder and Microsoft recently partnered to digitally transform the associate experience by seamlessly integrating Blue Yonder’s WFM with Shifts in Teams. Using this joint solution, companies can empower their hourly workforce with a single mobile interface to manage schedules, communicate across the organization, facilitate training, and foster a sense of community. Companies can also extend workforce management tools frontline workers want and will use to create a secure, connected, and personalized user experience.
For this Technology Value Matrix, Nucleus evaluated 16 WFM solutions that stand out in their ability to improve workforce efficiency for organizations. The Matrix positions vendors in the market based on the paired functionality and usability of the software and the value delivered to customers. Only six vendors, including Blue Yonder, were named as a Leader in the Matrix.
About Blue Yonder
Blue Yonder (blueyonder.com) is the world leader in digital supply chain and omni-channel commerce fulfillment. Our intelligent, end-to-end platform enables retailers, manufacturers and logistics providers to seamlessly predict, pivot and fulfill customer demand. With Blue Yonder, you can make more automated, profitable business decisions that deliver greater growth and re-imagined customer experiences. Blue Yonder Fulfill your Potential™
“Blue Yonder” is a trademark or registered trademark of Blue Yonder Group, Inc. Any trade, product or service name referenced in this document using the name “Blue Yonder” is a trademark and/or property of Blue Yonder Group, Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of the companies with which they are associated.