• Voith Composites has won the JEC Composites Innovation Award 2022 in the "Maritime Transportation Shipbuilding" category for developing the Voith Inline Thruster CFRP rotor blades using Voith Carbon4Stack and Carbon4Tool;
• Voith Composites will showcase its innovative products at JEC World 2022, including Carbon4Tool, Carbon4Stack, Carbon4Roll and the new Carbon4Tank;
• A keynote presentation at the show will introduce the new Voith Plug Drive H 2 Storage System and discuss how composites manufacturing can contribute to a more environmentally friendly and sustainable industry.
Voith Composites, the Composites 4.0 industry leader and production center of carbon fiber-reinforced composite solutions (CFRP) in the Voith Group, has won the JEC Composites Innovation Award 2022 for the development of the Voith Inline Thruster CFRP rotor blades using Carbon4Stack and Carbon4Tool. The Award has been received in partnership with Voith Turbo, Gurit and COTESA GmbH ahead of JEC World 2022 in Paris, France on May 3-5, 2022.
The Voith Inline Thruster CFRP rotor blades were recognised in the "Maritime Transportation & Shipbuilding" category for enabling optimal vessel manoeuvrability in the marine industry.
“It's an honor to be recognized for another year by the JEC Composites Innovation Awards - this time for the development of the Voith Inline Thruster CFRP rotor blades,” says Anna Pointner, CEO of Voith Composites. “We look forward to attending JEC World 2022 and discussing industry innovations with other members of the composite world, including how new technologies like the VRA are already being used to manufacture CFRP stacks for industrial production of parts in a much faster and effective fashion, and how we contribute to a more sustainable future in composites manufacturing. We look forward to meeting our colleagues, friends and new faces in composites at the show.”
JEC World (jeccomposites.com) is the industry’s leading event for composites, hosting all the major global players in a spirit of innovation, business and networking. Voith Composites will showcase its expertise in composite solutions at the show, enabling discussions on the future of composites manufacturing, and on the new product applications and new disruptive manufacturing processes offered by Voith’s Carbon4Tool and Carbon4Stack.
Voith Composites will be bringing its range of disruptive products to JEC World 2022, including:
• Carbon4Tool - Pre-stacked solution for composite tooling consisting of multi-layer twill and UD tapes - supplied in pre-cut tiles, reducing waste and manufacturing time by 50 to 70%.
• Carbon4Stack - Pre-stacked solution for the production of CRFP components, suitable for structural, semi-structural, visual and painted Class A applications, made to near-net-shape and tailored to specific customer technical requirements.
• Carbon4Roll - Lightweight rolls for the paper and foil industries that are manufactured with a high-precision filament winding process, enabling a weight reduction of up to 80% and higher stiffness by up to 40% compared to metal, improving thermal stability and a reduction of the roll’s outside diameter by up to 30%.
• Carbon4Tank - A new, more sustainable solution for hydrogen storage with the Voith Plug & Drive H2 Storage System - providing Type 4 high-pressure hydrogen CFRP tanks based on 700 bar technology for heavy-duty commercial vehicles.
Mark Bleischwitz, Senior R&D Engineer Hydrogen Pressure Vessels at Voith Composites, will be holding a joint presentation on 4 May 2022 from 12:45 to 1:10 PM CET at Agora 5. Mark will present the Voith Plug & Drive H2 Storage System, and explain the development of a high-speed TowPreg winding process and the production of CFRP pressure vessels using filament winding technology.
About The Voith Group
The Voith Group is a global technology company. With its broad portfolio of systems, products, services and digital applications, Voith sets standards in the markets of energy, paper, raw materials and transport & automotive. Founded in 1867, the company today has around 20,000 employees, sales of € 4.3 billion and locations in over 60 countries worldwide and is thus one of the larger family-owned companies in Europe.