Leviton announced today that its Decora Smart Voice Dimmer with Amazon Alexa Built-in has received two industry recognitions, reflecting the device’s value to electrical and building professionals. The recognitions include:
• the National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA) (necanet.org) Showstopper winner. This annual program takes place during the NECA Convention and Trade Show and highlights the newest products and services on the market. Held virtually this year, the showcase gave virtual attendees a chance to explore honorees while a panel of anonymous, expert judges determined the Showstopper winners from a diverse and innovative group.
• the Hardware Building + Supply magazine’s “Golden Hammer” award (hbsdealer.com). Entries are ranked based on innovation, value, and shelf appeal within the hardware and building supply industry. The judges noted that the Voice Dimmer’s speakers and microphones are built-in, and don’t require a third-party hub to operate, reducing clutter in the smart home.
“These recent awards are gratifying because they reinforce that builder and electrician markets are realizing the benefits of a single device that can provide control of a variety of smart home devices inside the home,” said James Shurte, senior product manager for Leviton. “The Leviton Voice Dimmer is the flagship of our Decora Smart Wi-Fi whole home lighting control offering and provides a handsfree approach to smart lighting perfect for kitchens, entryways, and bathrooms.”
The touchless Decora Smart Voice Dimmer with Amazon Alexa Built-in, part number DWVAA, combines easy-to-use Wi-Fi lighting with the convenience of the Alexa voice assistant. It offers full-range dimming performance, scheduling, remote control, and does not require a hub. It can also integrate with Hey Google, Samsung SmartThings, IFTTT and more. Furthermore, the Voice Dimmer can be paired via the My Leviton app to control other Leviton Decora Smart Wi-Fi devices including dimmers, switches, smart plugs and fan speed controls. The integration ultimately allows homeowners to use their voices and Alexa to:
• Dim and brighten lights in a room or throughout the home;
• Control smart home devices including third-party thermostats and door locks;
• Listen to the news, get the weather, or ask for traffic updates;
• Ask questions, play music, make announcements, and more.
Leviton (leviton.com) is the smart choice, delivering the most comprehensive range of solutions to meet the needs of today’s residential, commercial and industrial customers in more than 90 countries across the globe. From simple switches and receptacles, to networking systems and smart home automation, Leviton exceeds market needs by delivering innovative products to create sustainable, intelligent environments through its electrical wiring devices, network and data center connectivity solutions, LED lighting and lighting energy management systems, and security and automation applications.