AccessData Group, a leading provider of integrated digital forensics and e-discovery software, today announced the release of FTK® and AD Lab 7.3, new versions of the company’s digital forensics software solutions that feature enhancements that make it easier for users to parse and investigate mobile devices and internet-based artifacts.
“This release gives our customers the ability to review more types of data from more systems and files, including Android™ and iOS platforms,” said Harsh Behl, director of product management at AccessData. “We present it in a meaningful way across datasets and cases which allows our customers to use fewer tools and gain fast insights into internet and mobile data.”
FTK (Forensic Toolkit®) is a court-cited digital investigations software tool built to help customers find relevant evidence faster, dramatically increase analysis speed and reduce backlogs. AD Lab is a large-scale investigations and processing engine that enables computer forensics labs of all sizes to provide their teams with collaborative analysis, centralized case management and web-based review, thereby dramatically streamlining the investigative process.
The 7.3 release of FTK and AD Lab seeks to build on the already trusted and proven technology of AccessData processing and deliver key features that will allow investigators to analyze more data types wherever and on whatever device they are stored on. This feature-rich release includes the following enhancements and benefits for our customers.
• Export your data into a portable case for offline review in QView™. No need to spend time generating reports that can only be viewed in a couple of different formats. Portable case makes your life easier with a quick export. Reviewers will appreciate the ability to view the data in a near native format.
• Easily review internet artifacts with URL detection and parsing capabilities across devices without regard to browser, neatly organized under one section. Supported categories include, Adult, Anonymity, Business, Chat, Computing, Dark Web, e-commerce, file hosting sites, News, Phishing, Search Engines, Social Media, Tracking and Webmail.
• FTK will now ingest and support updated versions of LX01 and E01 images, created from the Tableau Forensic Imager (TX1) devices.
• With 7.3, users can now automatically import and expand a nested forensic image with image within an image support.
• Import and parse AFF4 images created from Mac® computers (generated by third-party solutions like MacQuisition by BlackBag).
• Users now have the ability to parse XFS file systems when investigating and collecting from RHEL Linux environments.
• With optimized support for unified database for the AWS/Amazon RDS configuration users can leverage the power of their forensic environment by hosting their FTK database in AWS. Upload, process and review with unmatched speed and scalability.
• Locate, manage, and filter mobile data more easily with a dedicated mobile tab. Use the new message application filter to quickly isolate data from message applications like WhatsApp or Facebook.
• Building on the ability to extract EXIF images, users can now view all associated EXIF data, including location and make and model of the device used to capture the images or video.
• Cut down on OCR time by up to 30% with the newly updated OCR engine. Additional support has been added for language identification.
“We are proud that this release contains many customer requested features and checks a lot of boxes for them in the mobile and internet analysis area,” said Behl.
Additional AccessData Releases
AccessData also expects to release 7.3.1 which will feature QView™ integration which allows non-technical users to review using a simple intuitive interface. Also included will be APFS snapshot support which allows investigators to detect snapshots and review the differences between two states of the OS. This follows the announcement of AD Enterprise 7.3 which contains first-to-market remote Mac® agent deployment. The new version expands remote data collection capabilities to Mac devices that run on the macOS® Catalina and macOS Mojave operating systems. This deployment is made possible due to the integration of Jamf®, the standard for Apple® deployment in the enterprise.
Whether it’s for investigation, litigation or compliance, AccessData® (accessdata.com) offers industry-leading solutions that put the power of forensics in your hands. For more than 30 years, AccessData has worked with more than 130,000 customers in law enforcement, government agencies, corporations and law firms around the world, providing both stand-alone and enterprise-class solutions that can synergistically work together. The company is backed by Sorenson Capital, a leading private equity firm focused on high-growth portfolios.