Withings, pioneer of the connected health movement and analog connected watches, today announced that Move ECG, the world’s first analog watch to record an electrocardiogram (ECG) on-demand, is now available in Europe, following the ECG monitor having received CE marking for medical devices. Move ECG comes with a state-of-the-art ECG feature that allows people to easily and affordably monitor their cardiovascular health to detect atrial fibrillation (AFib), a major heart disease, at any time. Move ECG is available today at the price of €129.95/£129.95 at withings.com and main retail partners, and works both on iOS and Android.
On-Demand ECG on the Wrist
Withings is committed to creating beautifully designed products people can easily incorporate into their daily lives to monitor health and wellness goals. Move ECG embodies this mission by combining medical grade heart monitoring technology with a stylish analog watch design and superior battery life of up to one year.
Move ECG includes three electrodes with two discreetly integrated inside the main body of the watch, and the third electrode in the stainless steel bezel of the watch. When users experience symptoms such as palpitation, they simply need to push the side button and touch both sides of the bezel to start recording an electrocardiogram anytime, anywhere, similar to a single lead ECG. After 30 seconds of measurement, Move ECG vibrates to notify users that the reading is complete. The electrical signal is then analyzed via a proprietary algorithm that has been developed with cardiologists and trained using thousands of ECG signals, so that it can detect irregular heart rhythm.
The watch syncs automatically with the accompanying Health Mate app, which instantaneously classifies the user’s heart rhythm as Afib or normal sinus rhythm. During the measurement, the user can see its live electrocardiogram displayed on the app, but can also record an ECG without its smartphone and synchronize it later to know its classification. A history of all recordings, their associated classifications and any noted comments or symptoms are stored in the app. Data collected can easily be shared through an automatically generated PDF to a doctor or healthcare professional that can help assist with early diagnosis and prevention.
Cardiovascular Early Warning System
AFib is the main form of irregular heart rhythm and is responsible for almost a third of the strokes in developed countries. Additionally, 1 in 4 middle-aged adults in Europe and the U.S. will develop AFib in their lifetime. However, the condition is often underdiagnosed as it can be intermittant so it’s easily missed if it’s not occurring during infrequent doctors’ visit.1
“At Withings, we are committed to going beyond just tracking steps. We are on a mission to create elegant devices that not only inform people on their overall health and wellness, but also have the capabilities to identify and prevent serious issues,” said Eric Carreel, President of Withings. “Move ECG is the newest device in our product range to accomplish this. It offers ECG tracking capabilities people typically find in a hospital in a stylish tracker that can be worn easily every day. Now people can take a reading anytime, from their wrist.”
All Day and All Night Tracking
In addition to monitoring people’s heart health, Move ECG is packed with the advanced activity and sleep tracking features users have come to expect from Withings including:
Activity & Workout Tracking:
• Ability to track calories burned, pace, distance, workout routes, and for the first time in a Withings Watch elevation, as tracking floors climbed is helpful to those focused on heart health goals.
• Step count progress is shown at the watch’s sub-dial. Users can see at a glance how far they are from their set daily step count goal based on 0 to 100 percent.
• Automatic recognition of daily activities including walking, running, swimming and for the first time on a Withings watch, cycling and stairs climbed. Sessions that are automatically detected are recorded in the Health Mate app, which shows the duration and calories burned during a given activity. Overall daily and weekly steps, calories burned, floors climbed and distance are also shown within the app.
• On-demand workout mode allows users to record a specific session by pressing a button on the watch to activate its connected GPS (via BLE) feature. Pace, time and distance are shown in real-time on a paired smartphone, and the workout route is mapped after the session in the Health Mate app.
• Water resistance up to 50 meters and up to 12 months battery life.
• Sophisticated sleep monitoring and analysis of sleep patterns, including the length, depth and quality of sleep.
• Smart Wake-up that will wake users with vibration alarms at the most optimal times during their sleep cycle.
• Provision of preparatory Sleep Score based on data such as sleep duration, depth regularity and interruptions.
• Access to the Sleep Smarter Program, consisting of eight weeks of recommendations to improve sleep patterns.
Like all Withings devices, it connects to the dedicated Health Mate app for iOS and Android that provides data and insights, as well as the ability to schedule activity reminders, set goals and manages successes. Health Mate connects with more than 100 third-party apps such as Apple Health, Google Fit, or MyFitnessPal to help people manage their health and wellness from multiple sources.
Move ECG is available on Withings.com and Amazon for the price of €129.95/£129.95. Its watch face is available in both white and black, and people are able to choose from a variety of wristband colors to complement each user’s personal style. Withings Move ECG is slated to become available in the U.S. during Q4 2019, following FDA clearance.
Withings (withings.com) leads the connected-health revolution by inventing beautiful, smart products and services that help people become happier and healthier. Founded by visionary innovators Cédric Hutchings and Eric Carreel in 2008, Withings is committed to creating enjoyable, empowering experiences that easily fit into our daily lives. Withings has built a range of award-winning products across the health spectrum including activity trackers (Steel, Steel HR, Steel HR Sport, Pulse HR), connected scales (Body Cardio, Body+, Body), Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor (BPM), and an advanced sleep system (Sleep). Every piece of collected data comes to life in the free Health Mate app where users can find coaching, motivation and insights to shape key aspects of their health.
1. M. Zoni-Berisso, F. Lercari, T. Carazza, and S. Domenicucci, Epidemiology of atrial fibrillation.