Committed to championing global innovation in artificial intelligence (AI), Thales, as part of its partnership with world-leading business accelerator CENTECH, today announced the 5 start-ups selected by an international jury to participate in its first season of AI@CENTECH: a 6-month program focused on advancing the success of the most promising AI innovators around the world.
Since 2014, Thales (thalesgroup.com) has invested nearly 7 billion euros in digital technologies, including artificial intelligence. The AI@CENTECH program, based in Montreal, Canada, enables outstanding start-ups to come together under one roof, quickly raising their profiles, and accelerating their growth and market potential.
"Thales works to develop human centered artificial intelligence systems which will meet tomorrow’s critical challenges, helping us to make the best decisions at decisive moments. For Thales, artificial intelligence must be TrUE: Transparent, Understandable and Ethical. These start-ups demonstrate promising capabilities that will help shape future decisive moments in the aerospace, space, ground transportation, defence and security sectors,” said Siegfried Usal, Thales North America’s Vice President of Digital Innovation and General Manager of Thales Digital Solutions.
About the 5 winning start-ups:
• Age of Minds (Canada) is building a training platform for artificial intelligence agents using entertainment to engage large quantities of users in rich, two-way interactions.
• BlackBox (Canada) instantly generates summary keywords of every discussion and scans through video and audio files to find desired information.
• Delfox (France) designed and developed an artificial intelligence solution that allows vehicles in aeronautics, space and defense to evolve autonomously without human intervention or pre-programming.
• Fieldbox.ai (France) has created a platform deploying AI-trained industrial bots in the hearts of factories, continuously and autonomously optimizing processes and operating machines.
• ICM Hub (USA) develops conversational artificial intelligence for airlines, providing an automated, first-class and AI-powered customer service solution that couples natural language processing and machine learning.
Each start-up will receive extensive guidance from leading business and artificial intelligence industry experts and coaches who will provide advisory services related to fundraising, product enhancement, design, visibility, proof of concept, and market access.
The people we all rely on to make the world go round –they rely on Thales. Our customers come to us with big ambitions: to make life better, to keep us safer. Combining a unique diversity of expertise, talents and cultures, our architects design and deliver extraordinary high technology solutions. Solutions that make tomorrow possible, today. From the bottom of the oceans to the depth of space and cyberspace, we help our customers think smarter and act faster –mastering ever greater complexity andevery decisive moment along the way. With 80,000 employees in 68countries, Thales reported sales of $22.4billion in 2018.
Created in 1996 by the École de Technologie Supérieure, and located in the heart of Montreal’s Quartier de l’innovation, CENTECH (thalesdigital.io) is a start-up company launcher dedicated to technological tools and other advanced technologies with high growth potential. With its two programs — Acceleration and Propulsion — CENTECH acts as a veritable growth machine and has created one of the greatest densities of high-level tech entrepreneurs in Canada. Furthermore, CENTECH is now offering open innovation cells that can integrate major corporations and companies seeking to design new products and give them an opportunity to benefit from the agility of start-ups and from CENTECH’s entrepreneurial ecosystem.