Trustwave today announced that Gartner, Inc., a leading information and technology and advisory company, has placed Trustwave in the Leaders quadrant in the 2019 Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Managed Security Services, Worldwide,”1 a report that assessed 14 managed security service providers (MSSPs). Trustwave’s position in the Leaders quadrant has improved on both the completeness of vision and ability to execute axes compared to the previous report.
“We feel our improved placement in the Leaders quadrant compared to the previous report reflects our innovation in threat detection and response capabilities as well as service delivery excellence we have brought to organizations to help combat increasingly advanced cyber threats,” said Arthur Wong, Chief Executive Officer of Trustwave. “From our view, this recognition recognizes how Trustwave strives to be a trusted partner to our clients through leading-edge security services that scale, and unparalleled global threat intelligence.”
Significant Trustwave managed security services milestones in 2018 included:
• Integration of global cybersecurity resources -- Trustwave parent company Singtel pooled the cybersecurity capabilities and resources of Singtel, Optus, Trustwave and NCS, into a single global identity operating under the Trustwave brand. This integration formed one of the industry’s most comprehensive global cybersecurity companies offering a complete range of managed security services as well as consulting services and proprietary technologies to help organizations contend with rapidly evolving external and internal threats.
• Trustwave SpiderLabs Fusion Center debut -- Trustwave opened the Trustwave SpiderLabs Fusion Center, a leading-edge cyber command center with the ability to monitor for, detect, and immediately kill threats anywhere inside an organization’s environment down to an individual computer or endpoint device, a feat unprecedented in managed security. The center employs a unique Point of Delivery (POD) system where security practitioners are grouped based on their expertise in technical environments and specific industries to counter cybercriminals with similar attributes.
• New Managed Security Services -- Trustwave bolstered its Managed Detection and Response (MDR) for Endpoints service and capabilities by forging an alliance with Cybereason. The collaboration added artificial intelligence powered data analytics and built-in forensic abilities to correlate data behavior with potential threats. Trustwave also expanded its alliance with Palo Alto Networks by adding support for their next-generation firewalls, Traps™, • GlobalProtect cloud services and Cortex XDR, a new cross-environment detection and response platform.
• New distribution and technology partnerships -- Trustwave bolstered its channel partner ecosystem for offering managed security services to markets worldwide. These additions added to an already impressive roster of partners ranging from telecommunication and service providers to third-party technology alliances with Akamai, Carbon Black, Cybereason, Fortinet and Palo Alto Networks among many others.
“I’m proud of our team and the continued push to address complex cybersecurity challenges our clients face. Taking the fight to adversaries head-on has been our aim, and with Gartner’s recognition, we believe we are hitting our objectives,” added Chris Schueler, senior vice president of managed security services at Trustwave.
According to the Gartner,“The MSS market is mature, with an estimated market size of $10.7 billion in 2018. The market continues to adapt to the challenges facing organizations around: An increasingly complex IT environment that includes SaaS and IaaS, and the expansion into nontraditional IT domains; The growing hostile external landscape; The ongoing issues of a lack of talent and expertise in security; The needs of less mature organizations that are likely to have only ever implemented preventative security controls.”
Trustwave Managed Security Services help businesses proactively address advanced information security threats while alleviating the pressures created by resource constraints, skills shortages, compliance requirements and the rapid adoption of new technologies. The services deliver the security businesses need without requiring them to install and manage technologies themselves, to retain and train staff to run and configure those systems, or to worry about aging levels of protection. By relying on Trustwave as their trusted security partner, businesses can focus more on their priorities and core competencies.
In this report, Gartner evaluated MSSPs on several criteria to assess their completeness of vision and ability to execute. The ability to execute criteria included product or service, overall viability (Business Unit, Financial, Strategy, Organization), sales execution/pricing, market responsiveness/record, marketing execution, customer experience, and operations. The completeness of vision criteria included market understanding, marketing strategy, sales strategy, offering (product) strategy, business model, vertical/industry strategy, innovation, and geographic strategy.
1. Source: Gartner,“Magic Quadrant for Managed Security Services, Worldwide" by Toby Bussa, Kelly Kavanagh, Sid Deshpande, Pete Shoard, May 2, 2019.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Trustwave (trustwave.com) is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider that helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, security testing, consulting, technology solutions and cybersecurity education, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely. Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries.