Withings, pioneer of the connected health movement and analog connected watches, today announced Withings Move, a stylish and affordable analog watch with built-in advanced activity and sleep tracking capabilities along with a completely customizable design to fit users’ personalities and preferences.
Known for helping people monitor their health and reach goals through sophisticated and beautifully designed products that seamlessly fit into everyday lives, Withings first introduced its premium connected analog watch design with Activité four years ago. Available today for preorder, Move brings even more options to the Withings activity tracker range with its accessible price tag of $69.95, record 18-month battery life and unique personalization offering.
Move boasts the same features and capabilities people enjoy from Withings’ activity tracker portfolio and a new customization option that allows people to choose from a range of case, wristband, dial, handle, watch face colors and material combinations.
“Since we launched Activité four years ago, we’ve seen the power of offering fashionably designed devices that people can effortlessly incorporate into their lives to monitor and help take control of their personal health,” said Eric Carreel, President of Withings. “Withings Move brings this combination of fashion and technology to a new level, offering advanced activity and sleep tracking capabilities, a superior 18month battery life for an amazing price of just $69.95 all in an analog watch that people can customize in countless ways.”
Personalized to Perfection
Move is a traditional timepiece available in a 38mm frame option that features three dials. Two dials display the time and one dial visualizes user activity progression from 0 to 100, based on the steps objectives set in the Health Mate app, letting users see their daily progress at a glance.
To fit everyone’s personal style and fashion sense, Move’s initial collection will be available online in the U.S. in five different color options. After the release, the collection will continue to expand with additional design schemes launching each month and on special occasions. The options available include different colors, cases and wristband materials, as well as glass types.
Later in the year, users will be able to completely customize Move down to the colors of the dials. People can showcase their personalities in countless ways by creating their very own custom watch easily on the Withings’ website.
Sophisticated Tracking Day & Night
Move, one of the most affordable and customizable trackers on the market, will also come packed with the advanced activity and sleep tracking features users have come to expect from Withings. It connects to the dedicated Health Mate app for iOS and Android that provides data, insights, scheduled activity reminders and the ability to set goals and manage successes. It also connects with more than 100 third-party apps such as Apple Health, Google Fit, or MyFitnessPal. Move will have the following capabilities:
Activity & Workout Tracking:
• Automatic recognition of daily activities including walking, running, swimming and for the first time on a Withings watch, cycling. Sessions that are automatically detected are recorded in the Health Mate app, which shows the duration and calories burned during a given activity. Overall daily and weekly steps, calories burned and distance are also shown within the app.
• On-demand workout mode allows users to record a specific session by pressing a button on the watch to activate its connected GPS (via BLE) feature. Pace, time and distance are shown in real-time on a paired smartphone and the workout route is mapped after the session in the Health Mate app.
• Water resistance up to 50 meters and up to 18 months battery life.
• Sophisticated sleep monitoring and analysis of sleep patterns, including length, depth and quality of sleep.
• Smart Wake-up that will wake users with vibration alarms at the most optimal times during their sleep cycle.
• Provision of preparatory Sleep Score based on data such as sleep duration, depth regularity and interruptions.
• Access to the Sleep Smarter Program, consisting of eight weeks of recommendations to improve sleep patterns.
CES & Availability
Demonstrations of the Withings Move will be available during CES January 8-11th 2019 at the Sands Expo Center, Hall A-D booth #45137.
Move is available now in the U.S. for pre-order in an initial five color options on withings.com for $69.95 with the initial shipping beginning February 5. Additional color and materials schemes will rollout throughout 2019 with full customization to be available later in the year.
Withings (withings.com) leads the connected-health revolution by inventing beautiful, smart products and services that help people become happier and healthier. Founded by visionary innovators Cédric Hutchings and Eric Carreel in 2008, Withings is committed to creating enjoyable, empowering experiences that easily fit into our daily lives. Withings has built a range of award-winning products across the health spectrum including activity trackers (Steel, Steel HR, Steel HR Sport, Pulse HR), connected scales (Body Cardio, Body+, Body), Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor (BPM), and an advanced sleep system (Sleep). Every piece of collected data comes to life in the free Health Mate app where users can find coaching, motivation and insights to shape key aspects of their health.