PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
London, United Kingdom, 2018/12/05 - Kantar today released its perspective of the major trends that will shape the media landscape for brand owners, agencies and media platforms in 2019 - Kantar.com.
The predictions report outlines 12 key trends that will transform the next year in media.
Exploring advances from augmented reality, through gender portrayal to vertical video the 12 predictions are:
• Advanced Analytics and Artificial Intelligence (AI) will resolve the integrated online/offline return on marketing investment dilemma.
• Voice technology will breakthrough in creative planning and the marketing mix.
• Chinese leadership in social media and social media analytics will be ‘fast-followed’ by the west.
• The emergence of the ‘branded experience network’ will transform media management in to ‘internet of everything’ management.
• Brands will start to take the portrayal of women in advertising seriously.
• Amazon will emerge from the advertising world ‘shadows’ to make the duopoly an triopoly.
• Vertical video will lead the way in creativity.
• The big screen will make a comeback, bigger and better than before.
• Attitudinal insights combined with predictive modelling will make programmatic buying more agile and accurate.
• Influencer marketing strategies will pivot to prioritise credibility ahead of reach.
• GDPR compliance will drive more sophistication in brand data strategies.
• Augmented Reality (AR) will start to shape both the consumer journey and customer experience.
“Constant innovation and change in the media landscape continues, but I think the speed of adoption of technologies like artificial intelligence will be surprising. Connected intelligence in all its forms will start to dominate the narrative, as well as new opportunities like voice”, said Eric Salama, CEO, Kantar. “How we measure media and its effectiveness is evolving quickly, and the industry needs to work together so our clients can understand the impact of their investments. There has never been a more exciting time in marketing.”
Kantar (kantar.com) is home to some of the world's leading research, data and insights brands. Individually, brands such as Kantar Millward Brown, Kantar TNS, Kantar Media and Kantar Worldpanel are famous and highly respected experts in their fields. Collectively, they offer the most complete view of consumers the way they live, shop, vote, watch and tweet in over a hundred countries worldwide. For the benefit of our clients, Kantar connects these specialists as well as providing access to the wider WPP group of companies and other partners.