ZOLL® Medical Corporation, an Asahi Kasei Group Company that manufactures medical devices and related software solutions, today announced that it will display its fully integrated advanced resuscitation solutions and acute critical care solutions in stand D2 during the European Resuscitation Council (ERC) 2018 Congress, 20-22 September in Bologna, Italy at the Bologna Congressi.
Lunchtime Symposium: “Your Brain on CPR”
ZOLL, a principal sponsor and business partner of the ERC, will host a lunchtime symposium titled “Your Brain on CPR” from 13:00 pm. to 14:00 pm., Friday, 21 September in Sala Italia at Bologna Congressi. Using hemodynamic flow tracings, Joe Holley, MD, FACEP, Medical Director of the Memphis Fire Department, will demonstrate the differences between unaided CPR as compared to high-quality manual CPR with feedback, high perfusion manual CPR with feedback and an impedance threshold device (ITD), and mechanical CPR with and without an ITD and the impact of each on brain perfusion. To join this free luncheon and learn about techniques and tools to achieve high perfusion resuscitation and improve CPR outcomes, register at zoll.com/erc. Seats are limited.
ZOLL’s Portfolio of Unsurpassed CPR Support
ZOLL’s commitment to high-quality CPR is evident in the company’s suite of technology products for optimal resuscitation response. Virtually all ZOLL defibrillators, from AEDs to professional manual defibrillators, feature Real CPR Help®, the only CPR-feedback technology that has been shown to impact survival-to-discharge, as demonstrated in published research.1
In addition, See-Thru CPR®, ZOLL’s proprietary technology, which minimizes the duration of pauses in CPR by enabling rescuers to see whether an organized underlying rhythm, is developing on the R Series®, the X Series®, and the AED Pro®.
Product highlights among ZOLL’s resuscitation portfolio include the R Series® family of monitor/defibrillators for hospitals; the X Series® monitor/defibrillators for emergency medicine and critical care patient transport; the AutoPulse® Resuscitation System, ZOLL’s automated CPR device; and the ResQPOD® ITD, an impedance threshold device (ITD) that enhances perfusion during CPR. ZOLL’s family of portable ventilators will also be on display.
ZOLL’s products are in compliance with the new 2015 ERC and American Heart Association Guidelines.
ERC attendees will have a number of opportunities to engage with ZOLL’s products in stand D2 to experience the ZOLL advantage. Activities include:
• CPR in Virtual Reality With ZOLL’s virtual reality CPR training device, attendees will have the opportunity to experience the power of Real CPR Help with the ZOLL AED 3 BLS™. Attendees can become “Unexpected Heroes” in a hospital virtual rescue with a fully immersive virtual reality scenario.
• Test your CPR knowledge Perform resuscitation on a pediatric mannequin using the ZOLL R Series, or on an adult mannequin with the ZOLL X Series, and receive an analysis of your performance from RescueNet® CaseReview. Case files are available without delay and bring same-day debriefing or system-wide performance analytics within reach.
• Resuscitation on the Move™ Using the AutoPulse Resuscitation System, attendees will have the opportunity to experience moving patients with ongoing mechanical CPR. Participants will experience how quickly the AutoPulse can be deployed using the new Quick Case, which allows rescuers to continue providing high-quality CPR while moving patients around tight corners and down stairs.
• Ventilator Challenge ZOLL ventilators are easy to use. After turning on a ventilator, participants will select a patient group and confirm the start of ventilation. Alarms will be created by ZOLL personnel in which our trademarked SmartHelp™ feature easily guides one to a resolution.
• Become a pediatric resuscitation expert by taking our pediatric quiz.
About ZOLL Medical Corporation
ZOLL Medical Corporation (zoll.com), an Asahi Kasei Group Company, develops and markets medical devices and software solutions that help advance emergency care and save lives, while increasing clinical and operational efficiencies. With products for defibrillation and monitoring, circulation and CPR feedback, data management, therapeutic temperature management, and ventilation, ZOLL provides a comprehensive set of technologies that help clinicians, EMS and fire professionals, and lay rescuers treat victims needing resuscitation and acute critical care.
About Asahi Kasei
The Asahi Kasei Group (asahi-kasei.co.jp) is a diversified group of companies led by holding company Asahi Kasei Corporation, with operations in the material, homes, and health care business sectors. Its health care operations include devices and systems for acute critical care, dialysis, therapeutic apheresis, transfusion, and manufacture of biotherapeutics, as well as pharmaceuticals and diagnostic reagents. With more than 30,000 employees around the world, the Asahi Kasei Group serves customers in more than 100 countries.
1. Bobrow BJ, et al. Ann Emerg Med. 2013 Jul;62(1):47 56.e1. Epub 2013 Mar 7.
Copyright © 2018 ZOLL Medical Corporation AED Pro, AutoPulse, Real CPR Help, ResQPOD, RescueNet, R Series, Resuscitation on the Move, See-Thru CPR, SmartHelp, X Series, ZOLL and ZOLL AED 3 are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of ZOLL Medical Corporation in the United States and other countries. Asahi Kasei is a registered trademark of Asahi Kasei Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.