ZOLL® Medical Corporation, an Asahi Kasei Group Company that manufactures medical devices and related software solutions, announced today that it will display the company’s portfolio of advanced CPR and acute critical care technologies in booth 2655 at the Association of Critical Care Nurses National Teaching Institute (NTI) and Critical Care Exposition May 22-24 at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center. ZOLL’s technologies empower nurses to deliver high-quality care and NTI is the showcase event for our important critical care partners.
Technology for Achieving AHA Guidelines
ZOLL’s technology is uniquely capable of helping customers achieve the recommendations in the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines. Increasing the quality of CPR has been an ongoing commitment for ZOLL since 2002, when it became the first manufacturer to introduce real-time CPR feedback. Today all ZOLL defibrillators feature Real CPR Help audio and visual feedback on the depth and rate of chest compressions. On the R Series® and X Series® monitor/defibrillators, Real CPR Help also indicates whether compressions are being fully released and how long the patient has been without CPR. All of this information is clearly displayed on the CPR Dashboard™. Real CPR Help is the only CPR-feedback technology that, in combination with training, has been shown to impact survival to discharge, as demonstrated in published research.1,2
Commitment to High-quality CPR
ZOLL’s commitment to high-quality CPR is also evident in the company’s suite of tools for optimal resuscitation response for all patients. ZOLL’s proprietary See-Thru CPR® technology helps clinicians to minimize the duration of pauses in CPR by enabling them to see an organized, underlying rhythm. Clinicians can also benefit from ZOLL’s support and feedback for pediatric resuscitations. One-of-a-kind pediatric solutions combine Real CPR Help and pediatric-specific OneStep™ electrodes to address the unique needs of pediatric patients. Additionally, an exclusive ResQPOD® impedance threshold device (ITD) enhances circulation during basic or advanced life support CPR by regulating pressures in the chest to improve blood flow to vital organs. When combined with high-quality CPR, the ResQPOD has been shown in clinical studies to increase survival by 25% or more.3 Also, available on the R Series and X Series is end-tidal CO2 monitoring that provides valuable information during a resuscitation event.
Some additional highlights of ZOLL products at NTI include:
• The Hospital Wearable Defibrillator (HWD) is the only wearable defibrillator specifically designed to continuously protect patients at risk of cardiac arrest during their hospital stay. For a patient experiencing VT/VF, timely defibrillation is critical. Each minute of delay increases the likelihood of dying or the likelihood of surviving with serious complications.4 The HWD automatically detects and immediately treats patients with VT/VF, delivering protection regardless of time of day, regardless of staffing levels, whether they are in the CCU or step-down unit.
• ZOLL’s Thermogard XP® (TGXP) intravascular temperature management system provides health care professionals with the power and control needed to rapidly, safely, and accurately manage the core body temperature of critically ill or surgical patients with warming and cooling applications. It offers superior clinical efficiency in reaching and maintaining target temperature 100% of the time, 5-10 while decreasing demands on nursing staff and reducing nursing workload by 74%.11
• ZOLL’s Eagle II™ portable ventilator helps to simplify ventilation. Its unique Smart Help™ technology provides on-screen prompts to guide users through alarm resolution, while providing four modes of operation to treat a wide range of patients. Designed to be used in the MRI, with its 10-hour battery life and weight of 9.7 lbs., the Eagle II is an ideal ventilator for both intra and inter-hospital transport.
AutoPulse® Resuscitation System, ZOLL’s automated CPR device, performs high-quality CPR when manual CPR is difficult to achieve, such as in the cath lab and during nights and weekends when hospitals are more likely to be short staffed.
ZOLL to Sponsor Five Education Sessions in Booth 2655
In keeping with the company’s vision to help improve resuscitation and acute critical care, as well as survival rates, ZOLL will offer five in-booth education sessions on Tuesday, May 22, and Wednesday, May 23. They will be conducted by leading nursing instructors at scheduled times during exhibit hours. Session topics will include:
• Impact of Real-time Chest Compression Feedback with the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines
• Sudden Cardiac Arrest in Acute MI
• Pediatric Resuscitation. “The good, the bad, and the ugly”
• Hypothermia, The Lived Experience
• Time to Chill Out: Controlling Temperature for Patients with Brain Injury
Co-sponsor of the Pediatric Learning Center in Booth 2084
ZOLL will co-sponsor the Pediatric Learning Center in Booth 2084 with Boston Children’s Hospital. Cardiovascular and critical care staff will present evidence-driven care and nurse-driven initiatives in 14 unique learning sessions and three high-fidelity simulations.
About ZOLL Medical Corporation
ZOLL Medical Corporation (zoll.com), an Asahi Kasei Group Company, develops and markets medical devices and software solutions that help advance emergency care and save lives, while increasing clinical and operational efficiencies. With products for defibrillation and monitoring, circulation and CPR feedback, data management, therapeutic temperature management, and ventilation, ZOLL provides a comprehensive set of technologies that help clinicians, EMS and fire professionals, and lay rescuers treat victims needing resuscitation and acute critical care.
About Asahi Kasei
The Asahi Kasei Group (asahi-kasei.co.jp) is a diversified group of companies led by holding company Asahi Kasei Corporation, with operations in the material, homes, and health care business sectors. Its health care operations include devices and systems for acute critical care, dialysis, therapeutic apheresis, transfusion, and manufacture of biotherapeutics, as well as pharmaceuticals and diagnostic reagents. With more than 30,000 employees around the world, the Asahi Kasei Group serves customers in more than 100 countries.
1. Deye N, et al. Circulation. 2015;132:182-193.
2. Bobrow BJ, et al. Ann Emerg Med. 2013 Jul;62(1):47 56.e1. Epub 2013 Mar 7.
3. Davis DP, et al. Resuscitation. 2015;92:63-69.
4. Larsen MP, et al. Ann Emerg Med. 1993;22: 1652 58.
5. Idris AH, et al. Circulation. 2012; 126:LBBS-22813-AHA.
6. Hoedemaekers CW, et al. Critical Care. 2007;11:R91.
7. Knapik P, et al. Kardiologia Polska. 2011;69(11):1157-1163.
8. Mayer SA, et al. Critical Care Medicine. 2004;(3)212:2508-2515.
9. Diringer MN, et al. Critical Care Medicine. 2004;(32)2:559-564.
10. Heard KJ, et al. Resuscitation. 2010;81:9-14.
11. Horn CM, et al. Journal of Neurointerventional Surgery. 2014 Mar;6(2):91-95
©2018 ZOLL Medical Corporation. All rights reserved. AED Plus, Real CPR Help, and ZOLL are trademarks or registered trademarks of ZOLL Medical Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Asahi Kasei is a registered trademark of Asahi Kasei Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.