Datalogic, a global leader in the automatic data capture and process automation markets, is pleased to announce the introduction of SG4 FIELDBUS, the perfect light Curtain for Industry 4.0, the first one fully integrated into a high-performance, real-time and safe communication protocol based on Industrial Ethernet: openSAFETY (the most advanced and versatile protocol for functional safety on the automation market) over POWERLINK (the standard for high-performance real-time Industrial Ethernet communication).
Including finger, hand and body protection and a range of functions that spans from the basic to the most advanced, SG4 FIELDBUS can be used in any application where standard Safety Light Curtains are currently used. Adding the POWERLINK interface to the field-proven SG4 Light Curtain platform creates a new solution for safety that is easy to integrate in existing networks and that communicates seamlessly with safety programmable controllers. Since both technologies, POWERLINK and openSAFETY, are open and license-free, they offer the highest investment-protection over the complete life-cycle of a machine or factory, ensuring maximum independence for automation suppliers, OEM machine builders and end-users. Nowadays, all automation system devices are asked to cut their fixed connections in order to dynamically exchange data with one another across systems and companies. These types of open automation technologies provide the highest investment protection in a wide range of applications and industries such as Automotive, Food & Beverage, Packaging, Machine Tools, Warehouses, Textile, Wood and Ceramics machinery.
"The SG4 FIELDBUS Safety Light Curtain opens new perspectives in the safety standards required in the Industry 4.0 model." states Cosimo Capuzzello, General Manager Manufacturing Industry at Datalogic. "Datalogic SG4 FIELDBUS Safety Light Curtain is capable of integrating the physical and the virtual world as outlined by the "Industry 4.0" paradigm related to Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS), intended to substantially improve industrial production processes, supply chains and product life-cycles within Smart Factories."
SG4 FIELDBUS diagnostics are completely available to PLC and HMI systems. Any message can be directly read on the operator interfaces as well as on remote web interfaces using simple messages and native languages.
SG4 FIELDBUS Key Features and Benefits:
• Easy installation and maintenance:
- Direct connection to POWERLINK through M12 connectors
- The node number address setup is all that is needed for the Light Curtain
- No DIP switches to configure
- Complete diagnostics available on Safety PLC
• Effective Engineering: all the parameters of the safety system, including the Light Curtains, are stored in the safety PLC configuration
• Available functions include the use of predefined safety functional blocks in the safety PLC to manage the following functions:
- Base Models: Auto/manual restart, external device monitoring, total muting (T/L/X)
- Advanced Models: partial muting, auto dynamic muting, fixed blanking, floating blanking, measurement
• Complete detection capability range: 14 mm, 30 mm, body protection
• Highest safety level: Type 4, pl e, SIL 3.