• Triple Play’s new offering targets cable and internet subscriber base with combined triple-play services, TV everywhere and a compelling new user experience;
• Solution leverages Conax’ Contego-as-a-Service (CaaS) cloud-based security platform featuring comprehensive multi-DRM protection and pre-integrated with Corpus middleware.
Conax, part of the Kudelski Group, and a leader in total service protection for pay-TV and digital entertainment services worldwide via broadcast, broadband and connected devices, today announced that Indian pay-TV operator Triple Play has selected technology from Conax and Corpus to help drive expansion in the triple-play arena. The new solution includes a Conax-secured multi-DRM offering based on the Conax CaaS cloud-based platform, combined with pre-integrated middleware from partner Corpus, with system integration by Corpus. The operator will initially target its current cable and internet subscriber base including a mix of high and low ARPU consumers. The contract represents the first deployment of the joint Conax/Corpus offering and the first launch of Conax’ cloud-based multi-DRM platform in the Indian market.
The flexible architecture behind the Conax CaaS cloud-based platform and benchmark multi-DRM solution reduces CAPEX and leverages the Conax “pay-as-your-business-grows” principle creating a natural migration path, reduced time-to-market, simplified operations and scalability for adding new services. The value-added, pre-integrated partner ecosystem offers Triple Play a competitive edge in attracting new market share by leveraging Corpus’ comprehensive middleware solution providing smooth integration, and an enhanced user experience.
- Navneet Sethi, CEO, Triple Play,“We chose Conax and Corpus to partner on our expansion into the triple-play arena based on a strong history of trust and competency for securing content in the Indian market and complex distribution environments, along with local presence and experience as well as a strong track record deploying advanced middleware and VOD solutions on both HD and SD STB’s even in the most challenging ecosystems.”
- Morten Solbakken, President & CEO, Conax,“With a consumer market eager to adapt the latest choices for accessing desired content, we are pleased to be selected to support Triple Play as it moves to an enhanced service offering within the multi-DRM space. In addition, the joint cooperation cements our growing relationship with the skilled team at middleware partner, Corpus, in establishing the Conax multi-DRM footprint in India as well as the first deployment of the Conax CaaS cloud-based platform.”
- Sachin Tummala, CEO of Corpus,“Corpus is pleased to partner with Conax in deploying its first cloud-based multi-DRM platform in the Indian market. We believe this will strengthen service providers’ ability to add more and more popular content and value added services. This will also enable us to continue to invest and enhance our technologies to adapt changes in the OTT space, while providing the best viewing experience to the end-consumer.”
Multi-DRM that reduces complexity for growing pay-TV operations
Conax provides the ultimate flexibility in securing content across technologies and multiscreen devices - all based on a single unified security hub. With support for Common Encryption and MPEG DASH, Conax’ unique back-end simplifies content protection of TV everywhere services with market-leading DRM technologies (including Widevine, PlayReady, FairPlay Streaming and NAGRA PRM) without compromising usability for end users. In addition, Conax removes the operator burden in negotiating separate contracts for various DRM technologies, offering a one-stop-shop solution to starting multi-DRM operations.
About Triple Play
We are pleased to introduce ourselves as leading and the largest Triple play Service provider Company (tripleplay.in) working over FTTH (Fiber to the Home) in India through GPON (Gigabit passive optical network) Technology. Our services include DTH, IPTV, OTT & Multiscreen (Mobile, Tab, PC), Basic Telephone, High Speed internet, e-games, e-commerce and VoIP, besides many value added services, GPON, as a technology, enables the optical fiber to perform as a neutral-cum-independent network to carry multiple service providers to enhance & ensure higher level of subscriber satisfaction. We have more than 100000 FTTH Subscribers and More than 300000 home pass. Thus we have the tie-ups with TATA, BSNL, Reliance, Reliance 4G, Vodafone, DTH-Dish TV, Airtel, Tata Sky & Videocon, DEN, InCable, Siti Cable and several others to run all their services hassle free, please visit the website.
Corpus (corpus.com) is a technology company with the right blend of critical thinking and engineering curiosity to help customers 'turns ideas into revenue' with a unique mix of onsite, near-shore and off-shore global delivery model. Corpus, aimed at achieving excellence in the field of Digital Media Entertainment, Embedded systems and Business Analytics across verticals, is strongly supported by motivated and skilled talent pool with right mix of variant technologies, R&D centers, offices and partners worldwide. Corpus, started in 1999, has headquarters in Hyderabad (India), Delhi (India) and R&D centers at Bangalore (India) and Johannesburg (South Africa) and global offices at USA, Europe and APAC.
A part of the Kudelski Group, Conax (conax.com) is a leading global specialist in total service protection for digital TV and entertainment services via broadcast, broadband and connected devices. The Conax Contego unified security hub provides telcos, cable, satellite, IP, mobile, terrestrial and broadband operations with an innovative portfolio of flexible and cost-efficient solutions to deliver premium content securely. Conax’ future-ready technology offers modular, fast-time-to-market solutions that enable easy entry into a world of secure multiscreen, multi-DRM content delivery and secures rights for premium content delivery to a range of devices over new hybrid network combinations. Conax spotlight technology includes our Contego-as-a-Service cloud-based platform, award-winning Conax GO Live and benchmark Conax multi DRM OTT solutions, and includes Conax Connected Access connected IPTV security client managing both Conditional Access and DRM security in a single Conax Contego security back-end for reduced operational complexity and cost. Headquartered in Oslo, Norway, ISO 9001 & 27001 certified Conax technology enables secure content revenues for 425 operators in 85 countries globally.