• Five new products of the Laromer® EA brand for radiation curable coatings and printing inks;
• High-performance UV resins with a special degree of hardness, high reactivity and very good chemical resistance;
• BASF is to present these and other product innovations at the European Coatings Show 2017.
The binders are used for UV-curable coatings for the furniture and flooring industry as well as for overprint varnishes and printing inks. They are characterized by high reactivity and chemical resistance and make coatings and printing inks particularly durable. BASF is going to present these products as well as other innovations at its booth 523 in hall 7A at the European Coatings Show 2017, which will take place in Nuremberg from April 4 to 6, 2017.
“With the new UV resins we continue to focus on radiation-curing technologies and offer our customers an even broader range of products for the formulation of coatings and printing inks,” says Ulf Neidlein, Vice President, who is responsible for BASF’s resin and additive business in Europe. To meet the increasing demand for UV acrylates, BASF had announced its expansion of existing production facilities in Europe in June 2016.
The five new UV resins include:
• Laromer® EA 9138 (75% standard epoxy acrylate in 25% TPGDA)
• Laromer® EA 9143 (75% standard epoxy acrylate in 25% GPTA)
• Laromer® EA 9124 (80% standard epoxy acrylate in 20% HDDA)
• Laromer® EA 9082 (70% standard epoxy acrylate in 30% TPGDA)
• Laromer® EA 9145 (70% standard epoxy acrylate in 30% DPGDA)
Information on BASF`s presence at the European Coatings Show 2017 can be found at basf.com/ecs2017.
About BASF‘s Dispersions & Pigments Division
The Dispersions & Pigments division of BASF (dispersions-pigments.basf.com) develops, produces and markets a range of high-quality pigments, resins, additives and polymer dispersions worldwide. These raw materials are used in formulations for coatings and paints, printing and packaging products, construction chemicals, adhesives, fiber bondings, plastics, paper as well as for electronic applications such as displays. With its comprehensive product portfolio and its extensive knowledge of the industry, the Dispersions & Pigments division offers its customers innovative and sustainable solutions and helps them advance their formulations.
At BASF (basf.com), we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. The approximately 112,000 employees in the BASF Group work on contributing to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio is organized into five segments: Chemicals, Performance Products, Functional Materials & Solutions, Agricultural Solutions and Oil & Gas. BASF generated sales of more than €70 billion in 2015. BASF shares are traded on the stock exchanges in Frankfurt (BAS), London (BFA) and Zurich (BAS).