ZOLL® Medical Corporation, an Asahi Kasei Group Company that manufactures medical devices and related software solutions, announced today that it will demonstrate the Propaq® M Monitor and Propaq® MD Monitor/Defibrillator at the Military Health System Research Symposium (MHSRS) in booth 103 on August 15-17 at the Gaylord Palm Resort and Convention Center in Kissimmee, Fla.
ZOLL was recently awarded a sole-source contract from the Defense Logistics Agency to supply Propaq M vital signs monitors to the U.S. Army and U.S. Air Force. The Propaq M, selected as the Joint “Product of Choice,” is an advanced vital signs monitor, with capabilities far beyond the Propaq Encore 206, which has been the tried and trusted vital signs monitor serving the U.S. Military over the last 25 years.
The Propaq M was specifically designed for the rigors of military operations. It is the only vital signs monitor that can be equipped with a defibrillator and pacer option, eliminating the need to carry a separate monitor and defibrillator.
The Propaq M is equipped with advanced Masimo® rainbow® SET® technology, including total hemoglobin (SpHb®) and pleth variability index (PVI®) along with advanced physiologic monitoring, including three integrated invasive blood pressure channels. The Propaq M offers robust data communications, remote viewing capabilities, and an optional integrated printer, along with a hot-swappable battery, which provides over 7.5 hours of monitoring.
The Propaq MD is a lightweight, rugged monitor/defibrillator designed to meet military standards. Similar to the Propaq M, it also provides advanced monitoring capabilities. The Propaq MD includes See-Thru CPR® and Real CPR Help®, advanced Masimo rainbow SET technology, remote viewing capabilities, and advanced data transmission capabilities. Both the Propaq M and Propaq MD include the ability to capture, analyze, and transmit 12-lead ECGs.
Additional products on display from ZOLL include:
• The AutoPulse® Resuscitation System, ZOLL’s automated CPR device, delivers high-quality CPR whenever and wherever it’s needed especially during transport of critically ill patients in confined military environments. Designed for Resuscitation on the Move™, a recent study showed that the AutoPulse had a significant survival benefit when compared to manual CPR when resuscitation efforts lasted longer than 16 minutes.1 And in a meta-analysis of 12 comparative clinical trials, the AutoPulse improved the odds of return of spontaneous circulation (ROSC) by 62% when compared to manual CPR.2
• The EMV+® is a portable transport ventilator designed for the U.S. military. At just 9.7 lbs, this ventilator is lightweight and features an energy-efficient, integrated, high-flow compressor and oxygen system, and is suitable in all weather conditions. The EMV+ is equipped with Smart Help™ technology and a 10-hour battery that recharges in just 2 hours. This ventilator includes a Silent Dark mode that allows for operation in critical nighttime missions.
• The SMEED™ critical care platform is designed to secure ZOLL monitors, monitor/defibrillators, ventilators, and aspirators to standard NATO litters. Rugged and lightweight, it is also compatible with a number of commercial off-the-shelf medical devices. The SMEED platform is approved for in-flight use aboard military aircraft.
• The CCLAW™ portable critical care platform mounting bracket system can be used to mount individual medical devices to NATO litters. This scalable pole-mounting system quickly and securely clamps onto NATO litters or any other devices that provide a 1.5-inch-diameter mounting pole.
About ZOLL Medical Corporation
ZOLL Medical Corporation (zoll.com), an Asahi Kasei Group Company, develops and markets medical devices and software solutions that help advance emergency care and save lives, while increasing clinical and operational efficiencies. With products for defibrillation and monitoring, circulation and CPR feedback, data management, therapeutic temperature management, and ventilation, ZOLL provides a comprehensive set of technologies that help clinicians, EMS and fire professionals, and lay rescuers treat victims needing resuscitation and acute critical care.
About Asahi Kasei
The Asahi Kasei Group (asahi-kasei.co.jp) is a diversified group of companies led by holding company Asahi Kasei Corp., with operations in the material, homes, and health care business sectors. Its health care operations include devices and systems for acute critical care, dialysis, therapeutic apheresis, transfusion, and manufacture of biotherapeutics, as well as pharmaceuticals and diagnostic reagents. With more than 30,000 employees around the world, the Asahi Kasei Group serves customers in more than 100 countries.
1. Olsen JA, et al. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. 2016 Feb; 60(2): 222-9.
2. Westfall M, et al. Crit Care Med. 2013 Jul;41(7):1782‐9.
Copyright © 2016 ZOLL Medical Corporation. All rights reserved. AutoPulse, CCLAW, EMV+, Real CPR Help, Resuscitation on the Move, See-Thru CPR, Smart Help, SMEED, and ZOLL are trademarks or registered trademarks of ZOLL Medical Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Asahi Kasei is a registered trademark of Asahi Kasei Corporation. Propaq is a registered trademark of Welch Allyn. Masimo, PVI, rainbow, SET, and SpHb are trademarks or registered trademarks of Masimo Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.