PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Pitampura, New Delhi, India, 2014/11/18 - The report presents a comprehensive analysis of the industry covering aspects including market size by revenue, segmentation on the basis of herbal medicines and herbal products, by types of herbal products such as herbal hair care, hair oil.
India Alternative Medicine and Herbal Products Market Outlook to 2018 - Surging Demand of Herbal Skincare Products to Impel Growth presents a comprehensive analysis of the industry covering aspects including market size by revenue, segmentation on the basis of herbal medicines and herbal products, by types of herbal products such as ‘herbal hair care’ including herbal shampoo, hair oil and other herbal hair care products including herbal hair color, conditioners, by ‘herbal skin care’ comprising herbal face wash, herbal skin creams and others including face pack, face cleansers, by ‘herbal oral care products’, Chyawanprash, balms, and other medications (cold and cough, pain killers etc). The report also entails a detailed description on the recent trends and developments in the market, growth drivers, SWOT analysis across different segments and companies and competitive scenario of major players in the industry along with providing future projections and outlook for each market segment.
The alternative medicine and herbal products market has emerged as one of the fastest growing markets in India due to increasing health consciousness and rising awareness among the people regarding the benefits of using herbal products which has driven the demand of herbal products and medicines in the market in the last few years. The market has registered a CAGR of 19.5% during FY’2008-FY’2013 by rising from INR ~ million in FY’2008 to INR ~ million in FY’2013.
Herbal hair care segment commanded the largest share of ~% share of the total herbal products sales in the country in FY’2013 which has risen from ~% in FY’2008 followed by herbal skin care segment which grew from INR ~ million in FY’2008 to INR ~ million in FY’2013. Increasing spending power of the consumers, rapid urbanization, changing lifestyles, preference towards premium products available in the market has made skin care market grow rapidly. Growth is being further fuelled by surging demand for natural and herbal products which have now been widely accepted by the masses, especially the female segment of the population.
Herbal oral care and other herbal products including chyawanprash, herbal digestives and balms have also witnessed a steady growth over the years. The India herbal oral care market has grown tremendously at a CAGR of 21% over the period FY’2008-FY’2013. Chyawanprash has a wide target audience. It is consumed by people of all ages, on one hand it is given to children and old people to increase their immunity against vulnerable diseases and on the other hand young and middle aged people consume Chyawanprash as a medium to fulfill their incomplete nutrition in the food they consume and also to stay healthy and less susceptible against diseases. The total Chyawanprash market in India was valued at INR ~ million in FY’2013, thus rising from INR ~ million in FY’2010.
Dabur India Limited, Himalaya Herbal Limited, Marico Limited, Emami Limited and others are some of the major players in the India alternative medicine and herbal products market. The spread of organized retail to Tier 2 cities, and the availability of a wide range of products at different price points by key players such as Dabur, Himalaya, and Emami are contributing immensely to the growth of the domestic herbal skin care market. The herbal skin care market in India is dominated by major players including Dabur, Himalaya Herbals, Emami and Vicco which together account for ~% of the market revenue, as recorded in FY’2013.
Rising standards of living, higher disposable incomes, and shifting trend of consumers towards herbal personal care products will push the India alternative medicine and herbal products market in the future. The market for ayurvedic cosmetics products in India is anticipated to grow at a swift pace in the coming years. The market is just instigating to get colonized with ayurvedic brands and has registered momentous growth in few years. Thus, with more products being launched in the market, greater awareness among the consumers, strong marketing and promotional strategies, the future of ayurvedic products in India seems optimistic. The market is projected to reach INR ~ million by FY’2018 growing at a CAGR of 18.9 % over the period FY’2013-FY’2018.
Key Topics Covered in the report:
• Market Size of India Alternative Medicine and Herbal Products Market by Value, FY’2008-FY’2013
• Value Chain of India Alternative Medicine and Herbal Products Market
• Market Segmentation of India Alternative Medicine and Herbal Products Market herbal medicines and herbal products, FY’2008-FY’2013
• Market Size of India Herbal Medicine Market by Historical Values and Future Projections, FY’2008-FY’2018
• Market Segmentation of India Alternative Medicine and Herbal Products Market herbal hair care, herbal skin care, herbal oral care and other herbal products, FY’2008-FY’2013
• Sub segmentation of herbal hair care by shampoo, oil and others- SWOT Analysis, market share and competitive landscape of players in each herbal shampoo and herbal oil
• Sub segmentation of herbal skin care by face wash, creams and others- SWOT Analysis, market share and competitive landscape of players in herbal skin care market
• Trends and Developments in India Alternative Medicine and Herbal Products Market
• Government’s Role in the Sector
• Company Profiles of Major Players in India Alternative Medicine and Herbal Products Market
• Future Outlook and Projections in India Alternative Medicine and Herbal Products Market, FY’2014-FY’2018 by segments.