eClinicalWorks®, a leader in ambulatory healthcare IT solutions, today announced that Arkansas Heart Hospital, a nationally recognized and award-winning hospital dedicated to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease, has selected eClinicalWorks comprehensive electronic health records (EHR) solution for all of its clinic locations. Tight integration with the organization’s laboratory and cardio diagnostics systems will extend the benefits of this technology.
“At Arkansas Heart Hospital, we are dedicated to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease,” said Dr. Bruce Murphy, President and CEO of Arkansas Heart Hospital. “eClinicalWorks was selected due to its comprehensive nature and ability to create customizable templates in addition to its current cardiology-specific content. We moved to an EHR that has a successful track record with cardiology hospitals and is willing to work with us on additional functionalities. Partnering with eClinicalWorks will aid us in our mission to deliver state of the art cardiovascular care in a professional manner.”
eClinicalWorks has been working with Arkansas Heart Hospital to add 20 cardiology-specific worksheets designed specifically for managing in-office tests, such as Exercise Treadmill Stress Test and various procedures. Strong device integration, voice recognition and scribe functionalities that turn unstructured data into structured data consumable by the software are built into the solution. Arkansas Heart Hospital is the only hospital in Central Arkansas to be awarded the Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures award in four categories for two consecutive years.
“eClinicalWorks works closely with organizations to ensure successful adoption of our solutions,” said Girish Kumar Navani, CEO and co-founder of eClinicalWorks. “We partnered with Arkansas Heart Hospital to deliver cardiology-specific functions that its previous system could not deliver. We have the agility and technology to collaborate with customers like Arkansas Heart Hospital and look forward to extending this further.”
As part of eClinicalWorks’ comprehensive EHR solution, Arkansas Heart Hospital will implement the following:
• eClinicalWorks EMR/PM enables clinicians to manage patient flow, immediately access patient records in-house or remotely, electronically communicate with the referring physicians and securely send consult notes and clinical data;
• eClinicalWorks Patient Portal allows patients and doctors to communicate securely via the Internet;
• eBO® performs clinical and financial analytics;
• eClinicalMobile® permits physicians to access the system at any time through their smart phone;
• eClinicalMessenger® acts as a messaging service that utilizes Voice-over-Internet Protocol (VoIP) to enable physician practices to send messages, in batches or singularly, to patients for aspects of care. This includes appointment reminders, lab results, diagnostic imaging and statements; and
• P2POpen™ provides practice-to-practice, provider-to-provider communications in a peer-to-peer environment.
About Arkansas Heart Hospital
Arkansas Heart Hospital is a nationally recognized and award winning hospital dedicated to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease. Arkansas Heart Hospital offers advanced technology teamed with highly trained support staff and Arkansas’ leading cardiologists and cardiovascular surgeons. Arkansas Heart Hospital is the only Accredited Chest Pan Center in central Arkansas, and is a cardiac training center for the American Heart Association.
eClinicalWorks® is a privately-held leader in ambulatory healthcare IT solutions. With more than 220,000 providers and 410,000 healthcare professionals across all 50 states using its solutions, customers include ACOs, physician practices, out-patient departments of hospitals, health centers, departments of health and convenient care clinics. Eight eClinicalWorks customers have received the prestigious HIMSS Davies Awards during the past five years, honoring excellence in electronic health record implementation. The company is second largest vendor in the country for e-prescribing. Based in Westborough, Mass., eClinicalWorks has additional offices in New York City, Chicago, California and Georgia.