PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
San Diego, CA, United States, 2012/12/14 - Platinum Edge, Inc. will be conducting a two-day Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) training course in San Diego, CA on 27 and 28 December, which will be taught by industry-recognized expert Mark C. Layton.
This highly interactive certification course provides in-depth understanding of the Scrum team-based approach to iterative development. The course trains participants in the full range of Scrum topics, from basic theory to organizational implementation, including practical applications, roles, and scaling.
Platinum Edge’s immersive instructional techniques teach you Scrum by having you do Scrum- just as it is done in the real world. A small sampling of what you'll get:
1) Certified ScrumMaster training by Mr. Agile® - the Certified Scrum Trainer (CST) selected by Wiley and Sons to author their iconic “Agile Project Management for Dummies” series.
2) All class materials for this highly-interactive class, with examples and exercises that truly enable understanding of Scrum, by one of the few agile consulting firms that have been in business for over a decade
3) Post-course assessment and Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) registration for each participant with the Scrum Alliance
4) Sixteen (16) PDUs toward PMI’s PMP and PMI-ACP certifications by a PMI Registered Education Provider®
5) Two-year membership for each class participant with the Scrum Alliance
6) A 132-page student guide for note taking and future reference
Start Date: Thursday, Dec 27, 2012 - 8:00am
End Date: Friday, Dec 28, 2012 - 5:00pm
Courtyard Mission Valley
1333 Hotel Circle South
San Diego, CA 92108
About Mark C. Layton
Mark C. Layton is an industry-recognized expert on project/program management and active coach on complex Agile implementations. He is the Los Angeles chair for the Agile Project Leadership Network and the founder of Platinum Edge, Inc. Mark holds MBAs from the University of California, Los Angeles, and the National University of Singapore; a B.Sc. (summa cum laude) in Behavioral Science from Pitzer College/University of La Verne; and an A.S. in Electronic Systems from the Air Force’s Air College. He is also a Distinguished Graduate of the Air Force’s Leadership School, a certified Project Management Professional (PMP), and a Certified Scrum Trainer. Additionally, Mark C. Layton is the author of Wiley & Sons “Agile Project Management for Dummies” series and is a frequent speaker on Lean, Scrum and other agile solutions.
About Platinum Edge
Platinum Edge (platinumedge.com) helps companies deliver value faster, with fewer errors, at a lower total cost. We are a team of MBAs, Behavioral Science experts and certified Project Leaders who assist companies wanting to successfully transition to Agile software development. With offices in New York, Los Angeles, London and Singapore, Platinum Edge is constantly working with Global 1000 executives to deliver an average of 50% cost savings, 37% time-to-market acceleration and 10+% reduction in software development defects.