PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Beijing, China, 2012/08/20 - ResearchInChina, the vertical portal for Chinese business intelligence, announces the release of a new report – China Automotive Steering System Industry Report, 2011-2012 - ResearchinChina.com.
With the continuous advancement of steering technologies, power steering system has gradually become the standard configuration of automobiles. In China, the automotive power steering systems include electric power system, mechanical hydraulic power system, and electro-hydraulic power system. In 2011, mechanical hydraulic system still took a leading position with 56.6% market share in China automotive steering system industry, while electric power system accounted for 24.8% and electro-hydraulic power system 10.5%, higher than those in 2010.
In the future, the installation rate of electric power steering system will keep rising, and it is expected to be more than 40% in Chinese automobile industry in 2015 and even higher in the passenger car market by then.
In Chinese electric power steering system market, foreign companies or joint ventures sweep over 90% market share; however, Chinese local companies share less than 10%. Japan-based JTEKT, German-based ZF, Japan-based NSK, US-based TRW and other steering system vendors have launched electric power steering systems, and set up production bases in China to meet the huge market demand there.
JTEKT is the world's largest supplier of automotive steering systems. By February 2012, it has owned seven steering system production bases in China, of which 4 ones are engaged in the production of electric power steering systems.
In China, there are some local enterprises with the annual capacity of one million units, such as ELITE and Yubei. ELITE developed the first electric power steering system with independent intellectual property in China in 2001. It has two electric power steering assembly lines annually producing one million units, and it cooperates with China FAW, Changan, Dongfeng, etc.
The report treats of the followings:
• Demand for automotive steering systems in China;
• Installation of automotive steering systems by car model in China;
• Demand for electric power steering systems, mechanical hydraulic steering systems, and electro-hydraulic steering systems in China;
• Export and import of automotive steering system parts in China;
• Sales volume of major automotive steering system parts enterprises and car models they served in China;
• Operation, steering system capacity, output and development of major automotive steering system suppliers in China and the world.