PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
San Diego, CA, United States, 2012/01/24 - Gamma Scientific has developed a new, low-cost spectrometer for easy LED testing. The RadOMA Lite is a high-performance, linear CCD array spectrometer designed to test LED intensity and total flux.
Gamma Scientific, a pioneer in light measurement instrumentation since 1961, has developed a low-cost spectrometer to provide quick and accurate testing for LEDs. The RadOMA Lite is a high-performance, linear CCD array spectrometer designed to test LED intensity and total flux. Gamma Scientific will be showcasing the RadOMA Lite and their complete line of LED test and measurement solutions in booths 501 and 600 at the Strategies in Light conference in Santa Clara, CA from February 7-9, 2012.
With near real-time speed and NIST-traceable measurement, the RadOMA Lite is optimized to provide maximum performance without sacrificing accuracy. The spectrometer accepts an SMA905 fiber-optic input that can be connected to a wide variety of optics, including integrating spheres for total flux measurements or CIE127 Conditions A and B for intensity measurements. Flexible custom configurations and application support are also available for OEM applications.
The RadOMA Lite features an 800 kHz readout speed and slit options that can achieve resolutions between 0.5nm and 3.0nm. The custom RadOMA-Lite Windows software package for LEDs includes a simple, intuitive interface with automated report generation and a USB 2.0 interface.
Proven Technology and Performance
Gamma Scientific's RadOMA series platform is a durable opto-electrical design proven in hundreds of facilities worldwide. RadOMA spectroradiometers combine the leading-edge sensitivity of a backside-thinned CCD detector with Gamma Scientific's industry renowned OMA optical multi-channel analyzer platform for unmatched speed and performance. This platform is ideal for multiple applications, including LED color and luminance testing, flat panel display measurement, reflectance, transmittance and light source measurement.
Detector and Wavelength Specifications:
• Detector: CCD Linear Array - 2048 pixels - 14µm x 200µm sensing pixel size - 1800 V/(l*s) @660nm sensitivity
• Dimensions: 6.3" L x 4.1" W x 2.1" H (160mm L x 103mm W x 54mm H)
• Weight: 0.7 lbs. (0.3 kg)
• Spectral Range: 380-780 nm
• Spectral Resolution: 0.25 - 0.35nm dependent on slit width and fiber diameter
• Gratings: 600G/mm
• Input: Fiber- SMA 905, 1000µm core Ø fiber - Numerical Aperture = 0.2 - Slit: 50,100, 150,350, 600µm
• Dynamic Range: 16 bit or 65536:1
• Power Input: 5VDC, 140 mA (Power Consumption Rate: 0.6 - 0.7W)
• Temperature Range: 15°C to 40°C.