PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
London, United Kingdom, 2011/10/03 - Investment Showcase to highlight the best of British innovation from early-stage companies across diverse sectors including; aerospace, marine, healthcare, electronics, green tech, software, energy, telecoms, transportation and material science.
The eighth annual SETsquared Partnership Investment Showcase on Wednesday October 12th will highlight the best of British innovation from nineteen early-stage companies from diverse sectors including; aerospace, marine, healthcare, electronics, green technology, business software, energy, telecoms, transportation and material science.
The businesses are pitching for investment of between £150,000 and £4 million each from venture capitalists, angel investors and wealthy individuals. Over the past seven years participants have raised over £100 million in investment, with £9m from last year’s event alone.
The Investment Showcase, held at One Great George Street, London, starts at 8:00 am with an informal breakfast. The event includes ten minute presentations to investors from eight of the companies attending. All nineteen companies have exhibition stands which will be open throughout the morning, to allow potential investors to engage in direct discussions with them.
The eight companies making presentations are:
• healthcare technology firm Attomarker;
• digital media software company dpcloud;
• Fantasy Shopper, a social shopping game;
• energy generation from waste company SEaB Energy;
• smart antenna company SOFANT Technologies;
• online transport logistics company Status Transport Connections;
• federated document management company TopicLogic;
• smart energy networking company Xsilon.
A full list of the nineteen showcasing companies with details of their technologies is at the end of this press release.
The SETsquared Partnership combines the resources of the Universities of Bath, Bristol, Exeter Southampton and Surrey to incubate early-stage technology businesses. “The Investment Showcase links early-stage high tech high growth potential companies with sources of funding, and has proven to be a very successful event for both showcasing companies and investors,” said Keith Robson, Chair of the SETsquared Partnership. “Innovative start-ups make a valuable contribution to the UK’s economic growth, and SETsquared’s track record to date is a 90% survival rate for graduating incubated companies.”
If you are a journalist and would like to attend the Investment Showcase event, please contact Sheelagh Connelly at Lumen PR:, 020 7617 7994.
Companies at the Investment Showcase:
• Alloy RFID Solutions - Our community loyalty solution which uses one loyalty card to serve all participating retailers in a local community provides a potential 150,000 SME high street retailers in the UK with the customer data and insight that an effective loyalty programme brings at a price they can afford.
• Attomarker - Postoperative patient recovery monitoring system based on biochemical readings that ensures patients are released at the right time, thereby freeing up bed occupancy and other resources.
• Azurtane - Real-time measurements of gas emissions, and energy consumption; targeted at the operators of the merchant marine fleet of 85,000 vessels globally. It provides assurance of compliance with emission regulations and enables monitoring, in real time, the effectiveness of strategies to reduce fuel consumption and curtail the annual merchant marine fuel bill which currently exceeds £180bn pa.
• Bamboo Innovations - Improving financial confidence by combining online education with a 3D city regeneration game. Delivering independent, engaging and easily accessible games based learning for an essential life skill – personal financial education.
• Blu-Wireless Technology - BWT is a fabless semiconductor company developing low cost multi-Gigabit WiFi products set to become a core component of all tomorrow’s consumer electronics devices.
• Calvium - SaaS mobile phone app development tool for digital media companies to cost-effectively design and build their own mobile apps.
• dpcloud - A browser-based application for recording, tagging and publishing live video and video presentations with sync'd media like PowerPoint and social media (Twitter). Ideal for the eLearning industry, valued over $48bn.
• Fantasy Shopper - Social gaming meets e-commerce. Fantasy Shopper is a disruptive new platform which centralises, socialises and gamifies online shopping.
• iGeolise - This company has created and launched an application that will allow users of any website, mobile or digital application to search for content they can reach within the time they have available. It's called Travel Time, because minutes mean more than miles.
• ImobiGo - Enables pubs, clubs, bars, restaurants and similar venues to increase sales by accurately measuring and rewarding customer loyalty.
• IPROS CUBE - IPROS CUBE is a comprehensive business performance improvement platform, with an attractive cost model based on the Internet “cloud” and an integrated information delivery capability to enable businesses to rapidly optimise their operations processes and improve profitability.
• Kraft Maus - Integrates off-grid, hybrid renewable energy systems to deliver instant and continuous AC and DC power, in static, mobile and portable configurations
• Locale - Award winning company’s new service Locale, allows SMEs to launch foreign-language versions of their e-commerce websites for 20% of the current cost. In 2010 the worldwide spend on software and website localisation was $3bn.
• SEaB Energy - Onsite containerised energy from waste solution: MUCKBUSTER™ converts food and organic waste into energy, reducing power bills, creating bi-product income, whilst helping to divert waste from landfill.
• SOFANT Technologies - A smart antenna for smart phones that increases signal strength and reduces transmitted power by up to 90%. It increases battery life and reduces the number of internal antennas required.
• Stratus Transport Connections - An online exchange for the road freight industry that enables prime contractors and independent hauliers to collaborate efficiently.
• TISICS - A lightweight composite material that is an alternative to high strength steel for aerospace. Lighter means cheaper, cleaner flying; lower CO2 emissions, lower fuel consumption and less carbon tax.
• TopicLogic - Provides a new and incredibly easy way for people to find, share and manage their files and email attachments wherever they are - replacing folders and enhancing search.
• Xsilon - Unlike traditional smart metering that measures the whole house, this monitor fits into a 13A plug and measures energy used by individual appliances. This allows appliances to be controlled, enabling consumers to take advantage of new time-related tariffs from the energy suppliers.
About the SETsquared Partnership
The SETsquared Partnership is the enterprise collaboration of the Universities of Bath, Bristol, Exeter, Southampton and Surrey. Together, the universities employ 7,400 academic staff; and earn nearly 10% of the UK’s higher education research budget.
The partnership has a 10-year track record of supporting companies through its business acceleration centres, which provide access to industry specialists, investors and experienced entrepreneurs. SETsquared currently supports over 250 early stage high-tech, high growth potential businesses, and 90% of its incubated companies are still in business three years on. In the past five years, nearly £0.75bn in investment funding has been raised by spin outs and incubated companies.
SETsquared supports student enterprise including an annual showcase and a global scholars program. It provides opportunities for industry to access academic ideas with commercial potential and seeks to promote the impact, economically and socially, of its institutions’ research and enterprise activities.
Sheelagh Connelly, Lumen PR,
T: 020 7617 7994 / Mobile: 07788 432424
Distributed on behalf of SETsquared by NeonDrum news distribution service.