• Infosys' CEO and Managing Director S. D. Shibulal will be keynoting at Oracle® OpenWorld 2011 in San Francisco. His keynote will take place on Wednesday, October 5 from 2:45 - 4:30 pm.
• In today's ever-changing digital world, product life cycles are getting shorter and more complex. In his keynote, S. D. Shibulal will share examples of how enterprises can accelerate growth in times of great uncertainty and change to help build tomorrow's enterprise.
• Infosys clients and company executives will be leading 20 sessions throughout Oracle OpenWorld 2011 on topics such e-commerce, cloud computing, mobility and ERP.
• Sanjay Jalona, Senior Vice President & Head, Manufacturing, Infosys will be joining Oracle executives in a general session on October 3 from 11:00 am. to 12:00 pm. at the Palace Hotel - Sea Cliff to discuss relevant high technology industry trends and how to best leverage Oracle solutions.
• Infosys (Booth #1813, Moscone South) at Oracle OpenWorld 2011 will showcase several of its solutions and focus areas such as social analytics, CRM, mobility, Fusion, cloud computing and Exadata, as well as customer success stories in a variety of markets. Please visit Infosys Oracle Solutions for a complete list of solutions that will be showcased.
• Infosys is a Diamond level member in Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN).
Shibulal Quote: Keynote Theme at Oracle OpenWorld
• "Technology and business trends are changing at a breathtaking pace. The only way for enterprises to stay relevant in this environment of great uncertainty and great change is to focus on the customer and accelerate growth."
Infosys Media Contact:
Elizabeth, Hilton, GolinHarris, 213-438-8748
Many of the world's most successful organizations rely on the 130,000 people of Infosys to deliver measurable business value. Infosys (infosys.com) provides business consulting, technology, engineering and outsourcing services to help clients in over 30 countries build tomorrow's enterprise.
Certain statements in this release concerning our future growth prospects are forward-looking statements, which involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties relating to these statements include, but are not limited to, risks and uncertainties regarding fluctuations in earnings, fluctuations in foreign exchange rates, our ability to manage growth, intense competition in IT services including those factors which may affect our cost advantage, wage increases in India, our ability to attract and retain highly skilled professionals, time and cost overruns on fixed-price, fixed-time frame contracts, client concentration, restrictions on immigration, industry segment concentration, our ability to manage our international operations, reduced demand for technology in our key focus areas, disruptions in telecommunication networks or system failures, our ability to successfully complete and integrate potential acquisitions, liability for damages on our service contracts, the success of the companies in which Infosys has made strategic investments, withdrawal or expiration of governmental fiscal incentives, political instability and regional conflicts, legal restrictions on raising capital or acquiring companies outside India, and unauthorized use of our intellectual property and general economic conditions affecting our industry. Additional risks that could affect our future operating results are more fully described in our United States Securities and Exchange Commission filings including our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2011 and on Form 6-K for the quarters ended September 30, 2010, December 31, 2010 and June 30, 2011.These filings are available at sec.gov. Infosys may, from time to time, make additional written and oral forward-looking statements, including statements contained in the company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and our reports to shareholders. The company does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements that may be made from time to time by or on behalf of the company.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates.