The consortiums are Energy@home, consisting of Enel, Telecom Italia, Indesit Company & Electrolux, and the second group of companies that will jointly showcase their home energy solutions are Shaspa Research, IBM Corporation, EnBW and Lutron.
Real ROI for key stakeholders
Smart Homes 2011 director Anthony Pohl says these consortiums are what smart homes are all about, different sectors in the energy industry working together towards a common goal: “‘these consortiums further illustrate that Smart Homes is all about finding the right partners to build the best possible solution. It proves that successful smart home offerings require the co-operation of telecoms, utilities, appliance manufacturers and solution providers.”
He says Energy[.]home represents an exciting development for the European market. He explains: “Smart Metering first mover Enel partners with Indesit, Electrolux and Telecom Italia sharing their collective expertise with energy, customer management, connectivity and customer preference to make a fully integrated smart home solution. Paramount to this is delivering real ROI for all the key stakeholders.’
Germans taking the lead
The German market has without a doubt taken a lead in this industry with Deutsche Telekom’s T-Systems and RWE already offering real solutions to customers according to Anthony Pohl. Both companies will also display their new energy saving gadgets in Amsterdam next week.
More speaker and technology highlights at Smart Homes 2011 include:
• Edmund Barrett, SmartHomes- Product Manager for International Development, RWE, Germany
• Holger Knöpke, Head of Connected Home, Deutsche Telekom AG, Germany Claudio Borean, Project Manager, Telecom Italia, Italy
• Stefano Frattesi, Innovation for Design Manager, Indesit, Italy
• Susanne Trojer, Project Leader Home Connect, BSH Bosch und Siemens, Germany
• Dean Keeling, Managing Director- Smart Homes British Gas, Centrica, UK
• Marcel Peters, Smart Energy Specialist, Essent Smart Energy (RWE Group), The Netherlands
• Pierre Plaza, Project Co-ordinator, Telefonica R&D, Spain
• Paolo Scuro, Business Development, Enel, Italy
• Rogelio Segovia, Scientific Officer, European Commission DGINFSO, Belgium.
Event dates: 4-6 October 2011: conference - Location: Amsterdam RAI, Europaplein 22, Amsterdam