Companies and individuals that demonstrated outstanding performance and exhibited exemplary achievements in strategies and processes across the European ICT industry were honoured during the Frost & Sullivan 2011 Excellence in Best Practices Awards Banquet, which was held in Jumeirah Carlton Tower in London on Thursday.
The evening summarised the ICT Europe Awards Best Practices Programme, re-launched this year by Frost & Sullivan. A panel of distinguished senior executives from leading companies have supported the Programme by working with Frost & Sullivan's top analysts to review and select award winners.
Daniel Shepherd, Vice President, Frost & Sullivan ICT Europe, in his welcome speech highlighted that: "Globally, we observe significant economic challenges which are exerting tremendous pressure on company performance. Europe is experiencing these issues at a particularly acute level and we believe one of the key matters that are at stake is the region's competitiveness on a global scale."
"Europe needs to do more to foster innovation" – added Mr. Shepherd. "It is required to drive value through technology, products, services and solutions. The implications for companies are clear: it has never been more critical to have a robust Growth Story – and we are here tonight to recognize specific examples of these successes. Frost & Sullivan's Best Practices Programme is an important vehicle for recognizing the stellar performance of specific companies and individuals in their endeavours to drive innovation and growth. I am delighted to have been a part of this process, which has gone a long way to demonstrate the potential of the European region."
Frost & Sullivan's analysts assessed the market performance of companies across 27 distinct awards in the following categories: Best of the Best; Enterprise Vendors; Service Providers; and Telecom Vendors.The panel of eminent industry representatives deliberated the findings and decided on the deserving award recipients.
The Awards were presented to leaders that implemented best practices in the industry, as well as demonstrated excellent achievements and superior performance in areas such as leadership, technological innovation and strategic product and service development. The winners exhibited the diligence, commitment and innovative business strategies fostering competition and advance within the European ICT sector.
The event culminated in a celebration of achievements by the following organisations demonstrating best practices in their respective disciplines.
• Gostai – 2011 European Emerging ICT Company of the Year
• Arkadin – 2011 European Hosted Collaboration Service Provider of the Year
• Vodafone – 2011 European Mobile Data Service Provider of the Year
• Giesecke & Devrient GmbH – 2011 Smart Cards Service Company of the Year
• Interoute – 2011 European Unified Communications Service Provider of the Year
• Teleperformance – 2011 EMEA Contact Centre Outsourcing Company of the Year
• Easynet – 2011 European Visual Collaboration Service Provider of the Year
• BT Global Services – 2011 European Hosted Contact Centre Service Provider of the Year
• Vodafone – 2011 European M2M Telecom Service Provider of the Year
• Aastra – 2011 European ICT CEO of the Year
• Alcatel-Lucent – 2011 European Most Innovative European Communications Product of the Year
• Avaya – 2011 European Enterprise Communications Product of the Year
• Check Point Software Technologies – 2011 Information Security Vendor of the Year
• NICE Systems – 2011 EMEA Contact Centre Systems Company of the Year
• Ericsson – 2011 European Wireless Infrastructure Vendor of the Year
• Alcatel-Lucent – 2011 European Fixed Broadband Equipment Vendor of the Year
• Sierra Wireless – 2011 European M2M Wireless Technology of the Year
• Telekom Deutschland GmbH – 2011 Western European Communications Service Provider or the Year
• Vodafone – 2011 European Best Telecom Group of the Year
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, enables clients to accelerate growth and achieve best-in-class positions in growth, innovation and leadership. The company's Growth Partnership Service provides the CEO and the CEO's Growth Team with disciplined research and best-practice models to drive the generation, evaluation, and implementation of powerful growth strategies. Frost & Sullivan leverages 50 years of experience in partnering with Global 1000 companies, emerging businesses and the investment community from more than 40 offices on six continents.