PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Redwood Shores, CA, United States, 2011/09/26 - German multichannel retailer set to enhance store operations with oracle retail (NASDAQ: ORCL) - Oracle.com. NYSE, NASDAQ: ORCL
• myToys.de, a leading German multichannel provider of goods for kids and young families, has selected Oracle® Retail Point-of-Service to provide a single platform for its growing store network.
• Berlin-based myToys.de offers over 100,000 products for maternity, childrenswear, toys, books, multimedia, school and other related segments through its German and European ecommerce and mail-order catalogue operations, and over the last five years has expanded its store network across Germany.
• myToys.de, part of the Otto Group retail network, will utilize Oracle Retail to create positive shopping experiences for its customers in store by providing real-time access to customer, product and marketing data.
• Oracle Retail Point-of-Service replaces a legacy, custom-built solution, establishing a more flexible and functional point-of-sale application to support growth and enhance customer service.
• In addition, myToys.de selected Oracle Retail for its ability to integrate quickly and effectively with the retailer’s existing Oracle E-Business Suite foundation.
• myToys.de implemented Oracle Retail Point-of-Service in its first store within four weeks, which included localization and integration with Oracle Order Management.
“Our investment in Oracle Retail extends our strategy with Oracle to develop the myToys.de brand and continue to grow our business,” said Ralf Schmilewski, Head of Oracle E-Business Suite Development at myToys.de. “We were impressed with the versatility of Oracle Retail Point-of-Service and the rapid implementation strategy for the first store and look forward to replicating this model throughout our store network.”
“To captivate and capture occasional shoppers and turn them into customers for life, retailers need to offer innovative product lines and balance this with good value and exceptional customer service,” said Will O’Brien, Vice President EMEA, Oracle Retail. “The Oracle Retail Point-of-Service will help myToys.de to deliver an even better shopping experience for its customers in store.”
About Oracle Retail
Oracle provides retailers with a complete, open and integrated suite of business applications, server and storage solutions that are engineered to work together to optimize every aspect of their business. 20 of the top 20 retailers worldwide - including fashion, hardlines, grocery and specialty retailers - use Oracle solutions to drive performance, deliver critical insights and fuel growth across traditional, mobile and commerce channels.
Oracle (oracle.com) is the world’s most complete, open and integrated business software and hardware systems company.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Emma Quinn, JD Marketing
P: +44(0)20 8297 5388 / E: emmaq[.]jdmarketing.co.uk.