PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Redwood Shores, CA, United States, 2011/09/20 - Oracle sessions build a snapshot of the retail landscape in 2025 and promote the importance of fully integrated multichannel experiences (NASDAQ: ORCL) - Oracle.com. NYSE, NASDAQ: ORCL
• Oracle will announce the findings of its Future of Retail research at the 5th annual World Retail Congress, being held in Berlin, September 25-28.
• Oracle recently surveyed 1,500 digital natives aged 19-23 in the UK, France and Germany to explore their perceptions of the retail landscape today and in the year 2025. Senior Vice President and General Manager of Oracle® Retail, Mike Webster will share the results of this exciting new research in the breakfast briefing: The Retail Consumer in the Year 2025 at 07.45 on September 27.
• As the world’s first wave of digital natives come of age, the findings of this survey pose key questions into how retailers in 2025 need to realign their organisations to anticipate and satisfy the demands of the digital generation in terms of stores, digital commerce, price, communications, marketing and promotions. A panel of experts from leading retailers including Jose Gomez of Mango, Michael Massey of Collective Brands and Bernie Brookes of Myer will join Mike Webster to discuss the impact on the retail landscape.
• Oracle is also hosting a second session titled: The Multichannel World: How the Rules of the Game are Changing at 17.15 on September 27. Mike Webster will be joined by key industry players including Eric Broussard of Amazon EU, Chris Aubrey of Adidas and Burt Tansky of Neiman Marcus.
• Oracle is headline sponsor of the prestigious Oracle World Retail Awards, which recognise excellence, innovation, responsibility and creativity of some of the world’s best retail organisations at the Gala Dinner on September 27 in Berlin.
• Finalists for the Oracle World Retail Awards 2011 include the John Lewis Partnership, New Look, Tesco, Ikea, Carrefour, Disney, Apple and Fast Retailing. Oracle will present the Oracle Retailer of the Year Award.
• In an address to conference delegates on Wednesday morning following the Awards ceremony, Oracle Retail’s Senior Industry Director, Sarah Taylor will introduce award winners and share key lessons represented by these examples of global excellence.
“World Retail Congress offers an opportunity for retailers to come together to discuss the issues, challenges and innovations in the global market and identify new opportunities for investment and growth,” said Mike Webster, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Oracle Retail. “Oracle’s contribution to the agenda will be underpinned by unveiling some insightful findings of its research into digital natives’ perceptions of retail today and in the future.”
About Oracle Retail
Oracle provides retailers with a complete, open and integrated suite of business applications, server and storage solutions that are engineered to work together to optimize every aspect of their business. 20 of the top 20 retailers worldwide - including fashion, hardlines, grocery and specialty retailers - use Oracle solutions to drive performance, deliver critical insights and fuel growth across traditional, mobile and commerce channels.
Oracle (oracle.com) is the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Emma Quinn, JD Marketing
P: +44 20 8297 5388 / E: emmaq[.]jdmarketing.co.uk.