eClinicalWorks®, a market leader in ambulatory clinical systems, today announced that Minnesota’s North Clinic has chosen the eClinicalWorks comprehensive electronic health records (EHR) solution for its 84 employed providers. The multi-specialty group will integrate eClinicalWorks with a neighboring Hospital System’s Epic in-patient system for labs, radiology and Continuity of Care Document (CCD) to further enhance care coordination.
“Electronic health records will help us enhance care and better position us to take advantage of pay-for-performance and meaningful use initiatives,” said Joanne Stadnik, executive director of North Clinic. “We searched for an intuitive and user-friendly system to coordinate patient care across the continuum. eClinicalWorks fits that goal and is more progressive than others in the solutions they deliver for physicians.”
eClinicalWorks includes features and templates customized for more than 50 specialties and sub-specialties to aid multi-specialty groups, including North Clinic, in standardizing on an EHR that is beneficial to all specialties represented. The system also helps providers take advantage of provisions in the HITECH Act, which authorizes the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to impart a reimbursement incentive for physician and hospital providers who demonstrate the “meaningful use” of an EHR. In addition to interfacing with the Epic in-patient system, plans are in place to connect to the Minnesota State immunization registry.
“North Clinic is being proactive in delivering a solution that will meet the needs of all the specialties it represents,” said Girish Kumar Navani, CEO and co-founder of eClinicalWorks. “Our experience with integration, including in-patient systems, and the intuitive nature of our system makes eClinicalWorks an ideal fit for multi-specialty clinics. We look forward to working with North Clinic to outfit its providers with a system that will help improve the quality of care.”
As part of eClinicalWorks’ comprehensive EHR solution, North Clinic will implement the following:
• eClinicalWorks EMR/PM enables clinicians to manage patient flow, immediately access patient records in-house or remotely, electronically communicate with the referring physicians and securely send consult notes and clinical data;
• eClinicalWorks Patient Portal allows patients and doctors to communicate securely via the Internet;
• eBO® performs clinical and financial analytics;
• eClinicalMobile® permits North Clinic’s physicians to access the system at any time through their smart phone;
• eClinicalMessenger® acts as a messaging service that utilizes Voice-over-Internet Protocol (VoIP) to enable physician practices to send messages, in batches or singularly, to patients for aspects of care. This includes appointment reminders, lab results, diagnostic imaging and statements; and
• eClinicalWorks P2P™ provides practice-to-practice, provider-to-provider communications in a peer-to-peer environment.
About North Clinic
Founded in 1953, North Clinic provides high quality, cost effective care to patients in the northwest suburbs of the Minneapolis area of Minnesota. North Clinic is a multi-specialty medical practice, with specialties including Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Gynecology, Obstetrics, Geriatric Services, Colon/Rectal Surgery, and Hospitalists. With four office locations and eighty-four providers, North Clinic specializes in caring for the entire family – from the youngest to the oldest.
eClinicalWorks® (eclinicalworks.com) is a privately held leader in the ambulatory clinical systems market. The company’s comprehensive electronic health records and practice management solution is proven for every market segment: large practice groups, including Massachusetts eHealth Collaborative (MAeHC) and the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, as well as medium, small and solo practices regardless of specialty. The company enjoys high profitability with a five-year compounded growth rate of more than 100 percent year-to-year. With an established customer base of more than 150,000 providers and 250,000 healthcare professionals across all 50 states, eClinicalWorks has been awarded multiple top industry honors including being named to the Inc. 5000 for the past five consecutive years. Based in Westborough, Mass., eClinicalWorks has additional offices in New York City, Pleasanton, Calif. and Alpharetta, Ga.