OutStart announces the immediate availability of OutStart TrainingEdge.com 2011 Edition, the latest version of its affordable learning and knowledge suite that blends learning management, content development and management, social business software, and mobile capabilities.
This new release extends the capabilities of LMS-based learning environments to include enhanced social and mobile learning and improved administrative support. Mobile capabilities enable learners to take advantage of their mobile devices, including basic phones, smartphones, and tablets for learning, performance support, and priority communications. Social business software capabilities provide learners with a secure, online environment to carry on all of the discussions, consultations, contributions, and sharing that are a natural part of traditional learning, with the added benefit of capturing those interactions for future use. And the introduction of a master calendar and improvement to curriculum and course management makes it easier and faster for administrators to make changes and update curriculums.
For an introduction and look at the new release, view the “TrainingEdge.com 2011 Release” video.
Details of the TrainingEdge.com 2011 Release include:
New Features For Learners:
• Enhanced Mobile Options: The optional mobile interface has been enhanced to provide the learner with many of the social and community capabilities on their basic mobile phones, smartphones, and tablets that are available for the desktop version.
• New Social Interface: Learners access a new home page that links them to their entire LMS community. In a familiar social interface, students network with peers, instructors, and experts to track topics and trending subjects, while furthering their formal learning initiatives.
• ILT Master Calendar: Managing calendars and courses becomes easier for students
through a new Master Calendar that helps organize all upcoming ILT sessions, and allows students to see all scheduled events in a single view.
New Features For Administrators:
• Content Administration: Training Administrators can now perform a quick search to filter lists to easily find what they are looking for. Large lists are broken up into manageable pages, making it easier to manage large numbers of courses, curriculums, or catalogs.
• Curriculum Versioning: Training Administrators can create new versions of curriculums when courses get added or deleted. They also can define how current students and new students are affected by the changes in the new version. The same functionality exists for Education Plans.
• Content Usage: Training Administrators can easily see where and how courses are being used to better manage all their content and make better informed decisions about changes.
• Custom Field Enhancements: System Administrators can now create drop-down lists for custom fields, making it easy for the user to choose the correct value.
Richard Nantel, Co-CEO, Brandon Hall Group
"A few years ago, most organizations had a very top-down approach to workplace learning and development. This is being replaced by initiatives that empower the learner with the ability to choose the learning modalities he or she prefers, including traditional elearning, live virtual sessions, social media, and content delivered to mobile devices."
Affordable Learning and Knowledge Suite that Extends LMS and Traditional eLearning to Include Informal, Social, and Mobile capabilities.
• A blend of learning management, content development and management, social business software, and mobile capabilities.
• Deploy your learning management functionality in days rather than weeks or months typically required by other solutions.
• Phased integration of functionality lets you introduce content development, social, and mobile capabilities simultaneously or incrementally as your learning requirements grow.
• Software-as-a-Service deployment removes concerns around hardware, software, upgrades, and maintenance, and eliminates additional IT resource requirements.
• Overall costs are less than singularly purposed learning management systems.
• TrainingEdge.com components are available for enterprise deployment to work in conjunction or extend your existing environment.
You view knowledge sharing between your employees, partners, and customers as a strategic priority. Their knowledge leads to your success. OutStart's portfolio of inter-related mobile, social, and learning Knowledge Solutions accelerate and broaden access to colleagues and the knowledge they need to respond to business requirements more quickly and make better informed decisions. Together you excel.
Recognized as a Visionary in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant reports for the last seven years, OutStart is regularly acknowledged for its award-winning solutions including OutStart LCMS; Participate, social business software that integrates social networking, collaboration, and knowledge sharing technologies; Hot Lava Mobile for mobile learning, performance support and communications; TrainingEdge.com LMS, a full-featured, configurable LMS; and TrainingEdge.com, an affordable learning and knowledge suite that extends LMS and traditional elearning with a blend of learning management, content development and management, social business software and mobile capabilities.
OutStart (outstart.com) is honored to serve organizations that are surpassing expectations and delivering exceptional business results such as Alcatel-Lucent, AgustaWestland, Ascent, BB&T, Berlitz, Boeing Company, BT, California State Automotive Association, Capital One, CVS Caremark, DIRECTV, InfoComm International, Internal Revenue Service, McDonald’s, MedFlow, MetLife, NextGen Healthcare, Phones4U, Pilatus, Swisscard, UK Ministry of Defence, Verizon Wireless, Xerox, and Yum! Brands.
For insight into customer implementations, best practices, industry news and more, visit the OutStart Knowledge Solutions Blog, and follow us on Twitter @outstart.