New, No Cost RescueNet 12-Lead Transmission and Management System Makes Debut
ZOLL® Medical Corporation, a manufacturer of medical devices and related software solutions, will demonstrate the company’s portfolio of integrated data management solutions and Guidelines-ready CPR technologies in Booth #1406 at EMS Expo August 31 to September 2 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
The newest addition to ZOLL’s resuscitation portfolio is RescueNet® 12-Lead, the first web browser-based system that allows access from any computing device with Internet capability. No dedicated hardware or proprietary software is required. RescueNet 12-Lead also accepts transmissions from multiple monitor/defibrillators at no additional cost to EMS agencies. RescueNet 12-Lead is available at no charge for both EMS organizations and hospitals from ZOLL.
“ZOLL is providing an innovative 12-lead ECG capability as a free and accessible system across the entire acute myocardial infarction (AMI) system of care,” said Jonathan A. Rennert, President of ZOLL. “We believe this new approach aids the efforts of both EMS and hospital providers to get patients with life-threatening coronary artery blockages treated as quickly as possible.”
A new addition to ZOLL’s data management portfolio is RescueNet ePCR for iPad®*, which helps rescuers improve the ease, speed and quality of data collection so they can focus on patient care. RescueNet ePCR for iPad provides EMS organizations with critical data capture functionality, including time-stamping, auto calculations of age and mileage, auto populated narrative for an easier SOAP (subjective objective assessment and plan), and one-tap access to all data input screens. It also allows multi-agency log-in support, stylus-free signature capabilities, and the flagging of incomplete sections. It is offered on a per run basis making electronic patient records affordable for any EMS organization.
ZOLL’s complete RescueNet Management Suite for EMS and Fire will also be on display. RescueNet comprises the only fully integrated information management system that has the ability to improve clinical and operational performance by collecting and analyzing data across EMS or Fire organizations, including medical device data.
Some additional new highlights of the RescueNet suite include:
• RescueNet [.]Work, a software application designed to help EMS agencies evaluate the status of their vehicles quickly and easily. It provides managers with a complete overview of their agency’s dispatch system from anywhere a browser can be accessed. Using RescueNet [.]Work, a supervisor can view a map of his agency’s service area and see the locations and status of the entire fleet and any incidents in progress. He can also view all of the vehicles or open incidents in a list that lets him quickly scan their status, or delve deeper for more detail.
• Data Comm, the new integrated WiFI computer module that offers the fastest resuscitation data upload speed available—as much as 12 times faster than Bluetooth®. Data Comm is also the pathway through which data will stream to RescueNet Link*. Most ZOLL E Series® can be upgraded to this new, faster ability to send data.
• RescueNet® Link*, a unique system that provides seamless information sharing of critical, pre-hospital information from the ZOLL E Series® Monitor/Defibrillator, RescueNet ePCR, and RescueNet Navigator mobile data computer. Any or all three systems can automatically upload key information to a large touch screen vehicle display. The same information is simultaneously viewed by hospital emergency department staff via a web application, allowing them to be fully prepared for the patient’s arrival and provide support to the field as needed. The information can be viewed from virtually any device with Internet access.
• RescueNet Road Safety, a driving system for emergency vehicles that combines emergency vehicle driver monitoring with real-time feedback to help improve the safety level of vehicle operations for EMS personnel, onboard patients, and the public-at-large. The system also provides data analysis and driver performance reporting, resulting in measurable reductions in operating and maintenance costs for the vehicles.
The RescueNet suite is fully integrated with ZOLL’s resuscitation technologies, a portfolio that is strongly aligned with the 2010 Guidelines’ emphasis on high-quality CPR and minimizing interruptions in chest compressions. Key offerings for EMS organizations include:
• ZOLL’s rugged E Series Monitor/Defibrillator is the first advanced device to be fully Guidelines-compliant with its FDA-cleared software revision. A modification made to the existing depth indicator allows it to be configured to meet the recommendation of at least 2 inches (5 cm). A “Fully Release” message has also been added, reminding rescuers to allow for full chest recoil after each compression.
Soon to be added to the E Series is the new CPR DashboardTM*, which provides rescuers with a quantitative readout to help them meet the requirement for high-quality CPR for depth and rate. It also includes a graphical release indicator• to help rescuers meet further support the recommendation for complete chest recoil when doing CPR.
By adding this new feature to the E Series, in combination with the existing Real CPR Help® for real-time feedback and See-Thru CPR® for artifact filtering to reduce the duration of pausing, the monitor/defibrillator becomes the most integrated, comprehensive device of its kind available for CPR improvement technology.
• The AutoPulse® load-distributing band (LDB) automatic chest compression system is a cornerstone of ZOLL’s EMS safety systems. The AutoPulse helps keep rescuers safe in the back of a moving ambulance by allowing them to be strapped in while the device delivers unprecedented blood flow that squeezes the entire chest, improving blood flow to the heart and brain during sudden cardiac arrest (SCA). The AutoPulse delivers high-quality, uninterrupted CPR chest compressions to maintain myocardial and cerebral perfusion even when moving patients, traveling in an ambulance or while undergoing PCI.
• PocketCPR® for the iPhone® is the first training app to provide CPR training and practice using the just-released 2010 American Heart Association CPR Guidelines. The application, awarded Honorable Mention (4th place) in the Best App Ever contest on the internet, provides clear visual and audio step-by-step coaching on CPR performance and includes the initial steps to follow in the Chain of Survival.
ZOLL is sponsoring two continuing education seminars at EMS Expo, one on ambulance safety and another on CPR Guidelines. Each session is approved for 1.5 CEUs.
• Ambulance Safety Update (Lunch and Learn)
Thursday, Sept. 1: 12:00 pm. - 1:15 pm.
Conducted by Michael Kurz, M.D., Associate Professor of Emergency at Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University, and Operational Medical Director for Henrico County, Virginia.
• New CPR Guidelines (Breakfast and Learn)
Friday, Sept. 2: 8:00 am. - 9:15 am.
Conducted by Bentley Bobrow, M.D., Medical Director, Bureau of Emergency Medical Services and Trauma System, Arizona Department of Health Services.
About ZOLL Medical Corporation
ZOLL Medical Corporation (zoll.com) develops and markets medical devices and software solutions that help advance emergency care and save lives, while increasing clinical and operational efficiencies. With products for defibrillation and monitoring, circulation and CPR feedback, data management, fluid resuscitation, and therapeutic temperature management, ZOLL provides a comprehensive set of technologies that help clinicians, EMS and fire professionals, and lay rescuers treat victims needing resuscitation and critical care.
A NASDAQ Global Select company and a Forbes 100 Most Trustworthy Company in 2007, 2008, and 2009, ZOLL develops and manufactures its products in the United States, in California, Colorado, Illinois, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, and Rhode Island. More than 400 direct sales and service representatives, 1,100 business partners, and 200 independent representatives serve our customers in over 140 countries around the globe.
*This product is currently pending FDA 510k clearance and is not yet available for distribution in the United States.
©2011 ZOLL Medical Corporation. All rights reserved. AutoPulse, CPR Dashboard, E Series, PocketCPR, Real CPR Help, RescueNet, See-Thru CPR, and ZOLL are trademarks or registered trademarks of ZOLL Medical Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.