Fingerprint Cards AB (publ), Corp. Reg. No. 556154-2381, (FPC)
Report on the interim period of January to June, 2011 and the second quarter 2011:
• Sales increased during the interim period to SEK 29.8 M (25.1) and to SEK 16.9 M (9.7) in the second quarter.
• Gross profit for the interim period increased to SEK 17.2 M (12.8) and SEK 10.4 M (5.1) in the second quarter.
• Result after financial items for the interim period was a loss of SEK 1.7 M (loss: 2.7) and SEK 0.1 M (loss: 2.8) for the second quarter.
• Gross margin for the interim period rose to 58% (51).
• Earnings per share for the interim period amounted to a loss of SEK 0.04 (loss: 0.07) and for the second quarter, SEK 0.00 (loss: 0.07).
• Cash and cash equivalents at period-end totaled SEK 37.5 M (43.1).
• The order backlog at period-end was SEK 14.9 M (17.4).
• A private placement to five institutional investors totaling SEK 28 M was implemented in April.
• Serial System, which was appointed as a parallel distributor for China and Taiwan, placed on order of SEK 15.7 M for delivery during the second quarter.
• Paltek was named the distributor for Japan and Singapore.
• No forecast was made for the full-year 2011 due to the global economic situation. The forecast for the third quarter is for sales to exceed that of the corresponding quarter in 2010 and for the gross margin to remain strong.
Notable events after the close of the reporting period:
• First commercial order for 50,000 units of swiping sensors was secured from HST.
For further information contact:
Fingerprint Cards AB (publ), Box 2412, SE-403 16 Gothenburg, Sweden
Fingerprint Cards AB (FPC) develops, produces and markets biometric components that through analysis and matching of an individual’s unique fingerprint verify the person’s identity. The technology consists of biometric sensors, processors, algorithms and modules that can be used separately or in combination with each other. The competitive advantages offered by FPC’s technology include unique image quality, extreme robustness, low power consumption and complete biometric systems. With these advantages and the ability to achieve extremely low manufacturing costs, the technology can be implemented in volume products, such as smart cards and mobile telephones, where extremely rigorous demands are placed on such characteristics. FPC’s technology can also be used in IT, for Internet security, access control, etc.
Fingerprint Cards AB (FPC) is listed on Nasdaq OMX Stockholm (FING B) and has its head office in Gothenburg, Sweden.
Fingerprint Cards AB (publ) discloses this information pursuant to the Securities Market Act (2007:528) and the Financial Instruments Trading Act (1991:980).