PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Washington, DC, United States, 2011/08/16 - Registration is now open for the educational webinar on August 30 at 1PM ET, 10AM PT - BiomassThermal.Org.
Registration is now open for the webinar,"Public Perceptions of Biomass Thermal Energy: Identifying Sentiment, Overcoming Challenges," on Tuesday, August 30th at 1 PM ET. Participants will hear from three speakers as they share research, findings, and first-hand experience on the public's perception of biomass thermal energy. This is the eighth webinar in a 14-part series hosted by the Biomass Thermal Energy Council (BTEC), and funded in part by the Forest Service's Wood Education and Resource Center (WERC).
Although biomass is a renewable resource for baseload heating and combined heat and power (CHP) applications, its utilization, if not properly planned, can create prolonged debates within a community and lead to higher development costs or delays. Project developers, vendors, and fuel producers should recognize and address the public and community's questions over emissions, resource use, and incentives for biomass thermal installations.
Attend this webinar and learn:
• The top public misconceptions on biomass use, and where these misconceptions originate
• How to engage community leaders in biomass thermal project development
• Successful methods for communicating biomass thermal benefits
• Real-world examples of successful and failed community involvement
• Answers from the panelists during a live Q&A session.
• Honey Rand, PhD - President, Environmental PR Group
• Richard Plate, PhD - Post-Doctoral Researcher, University of Florida
• Eric Kingsley, Vice President, Innovative Natural Resource Solutions
• Moderated by Joseph Seymour, BTEC Executive Director.
Registration and More Information
• Advanced registration is required
• This webinar is free of charge
• You only need a computer, internet access, and at least one hour of your time
• Time and Date: Tuesday, August 30 at 1PM ET.
All registrants will have access to a live recording and copy of the presentation after the webinar.