PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Redwood Shores, CA, United States, 2011/08/08 - Innovative “social network-aware” charging capabilities open the door to new offer capabilities and revenue streams (NASDAQ: ORCL) - Oracle.com. NYSE, NASDAQ: ORCL
Oracle today announced the availability of Oracle Communications Network Charging and Control 4.4 This product release includes a complete stack of software, hardware and support – all from Oracle – to help communications service providers (CSPs) offer their customers more flexible charging options and create new revenue streams in the wake of explosive mobile data growth.
Oracle Communications Network Charging and Control 4.4 offers a number of features – including multi-network prepaid charging, voucher recharge, promotions management, Intelligent Network (IN) and Next Generation Network (NGN)-based service control and graphical service configuration, as well as integrated number routing and messaging services – to enable CSPs to launch new services and charge millions of subscribers for a multitude of offerings.
• Oracle Communications Network Charging and Control 4.4 provides the following capabilities:
• Configurable budget controls to enable CSPs to manage personal spending quotas for all services and send personalized real-time notifications to customers as they near contractual limits – subsequently eliminating bill shock and enhancing customer satisfaction;
• Advanced reservation management to increase operator control of concurrent and long running data charging sessions – optimizing network performance and improving the customer experience;
• Prorated service payments that provide customers and operators with flexibility to select personalized charge dates for subscription-based services
Oracle Communications Network Charging and Control 4.4 maximizes operator brand exposure and helps CSPs monetize social relationships by exploiting the viral marketing effect of social media through:
• An innovative social network-aware charging and promotions framework to help CSPs rapidly attract, acquire and retain customers. Service providers can link social media services to specific promotions to enable Web-based campaign delivery and personal subscriber interaction, helping to increase the effectiveness of social network and media marketing;
• An open and secure Web 2.0 framework that enables third-party application developers to seamlessly integrate with a service provider’s billing environment to deliver and monetize innovative services in real-time;
• Centralized graphical promotions and user segmentation management to enable CSPs to more easily deliver targeted, relevant offers that influence subscriber usage and dramatically reduce churn;
• Oracle Communications Network Charging and Control is built, delivered and supported entirely by Oracle solutions including carrier-grade servers, storage and IT infrastructure, mission-critical applications and service level agreement-based network grade support.
“We chose Oracle Communications Network Charging and Control due to its proven voice, messaging and data charging capabilities, service innovation and open platform. It also provides total control over the configuration of service logic and promotions. Oracle Communications Network Charging and Control enables us to rapidly launch brands for mobile virtual network operators, machine-to-machine providers and captive mobile network operator brands,” said Patrick Meyer, vice president, corporate development, ASPIDER Solutions.
“The proliferation of consumer-friendly, IP-enabled multimedia devices, coupled with easy access to wireless broadband, has spurred an explosion in new mobile services. Oracle Communications Network Charging and Control 4.4 helps communications service providers quickly deliver innovative new services, charge for them, and thrive in the smartphone revolution,” said Liam Maxwell, vice president of products, Oracle Communications.
About Oracle Communications
Only Oracle’s software and systems span the communications industry technology landscape — from carrier-grade servers, storage and IT infrastructure, to mission-critical business and operational support systems and service delivery platforms; from business intelligence applications and retail point-of-sale solutions to the Java platform running on more than two billion mobile and handheld devices. Oracle helps 100 of the world's top 100 service providers innovate and exploit new business models, build strong, profitable customer relationships, and streamline operations.
Oracle (oracle.com) is the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Janice Hazen, O’Keeffe & Company
+1.404.254.5881 / E: jhazen[.]okco.com.