In order to commend the entrepreneurs who have contributed extensively towards the growth of entrepreneurship in our country, Franchise India, organized the prestigious Entrepreneur India Awards 2011 at Hotel Claridges, Surajkund. The event was presented by Gitanjali Group with NASSCOM Emerge Forum and Entrepreneur India Advisors as the knowledge partners.
Commenting on the awards, Mr. Gaurav Marya (President, Franchise India Holdings Limited) said,“India is fast developing as a major ground for entrepreneurship owing to one of the largest youth population in the world. A majority of our country’s youth population is either aggressively exploring options to start or has already initiated something of its own. These awards have been instituted to recognize and felicitate those individuals who have dared to think out-of-the-box and have, through their passion, changed the way entrepreneurship is perceived in our country. By giving them their due recognition, we want to encourage others to take that one requisite step towards making their entrepreneurial dreams come true.”
World Chess Federation’s President Mr. Kirsan Ilyumzhinov was the chief guest for the occasion. Awardees received national recognition as the best entrepreneur entities across the country in their respective sectors. In all, there were 17 award categories spanning across different business verticals. Using a fair and rigorous award process, following people were selected for various awards:
1. Innovative Start-up of the Year - Mr. Vikas Swami, Networkers Home
2. Entrepreneur of the Year (Trading) - Mr. Rahul Mehta, Indian Home Variations & Distributions LLP
3. Entrepreneur of the Year (Consumer Business) - Mr. Subhasish Chakraborty, DTDC Courier and Cargo Ltd.
4. Entrepreneur of the Year (Manufacturing) - Mr. Sunil Chari, Rossari Biotech Ltd
5. Dynamic Entrepreneur of the Year (Business Transformation) - Mr. Vikaas Gutgutia, Ferns N Petals Pvt. Ltd.
6. Entrepreneur of the Year (Innovation in Technology) - Mr. Yogesh Bansal, ApnaCircle.com
7. Professional Entrepreneur of the Year - Mr. Om Manchanda, Dr Lal PathLabs Pvt Ltd.
8. Entrepreneur of the Year (Innovation in Financial and Business Services) - Mr. Honey Katiyal, Investers Clinic Infratech Pvt. Ltd.
9. Social Entrepreneur of the Year - Mr. S. V. Krishnan & Ms. Sudha Krishnan, ACE Experiences Asia Private Limited
10. Creative Entrepreneur of the Year - Mr. Vinod Jain, Magppie
11. Young Entrepreneur of the Year - Ms. Ameera Shah, Metropolis Healthcare Ltd.
12. Serial Entrepreneur of the Year - Mr. Harish Bahl, Fashion and You
13. Woman Entrepreneur of the Year - Ms. Shahnaz Husain, Shahnaz Herbals
14. Family Entrepreneur of the Year - Mr. Rafiq Malik, Metro Shoes Ltd.
15. Business Mentor of the Year - Mr. Sam Chopra, Remax Cybiz Centre
16. Lifetime Achievement Award - Mr. D. K. Jain, Luxor Group
17. Entrepreneur of the Year - Mr. Kunwer Sachdev, Su-Kam Power System Ltd.
On receiving the Woman Entrepreneur of the Year Award, Ms. Shahnaz Husain expressed her delight by saying,“I started my career based on the Franchise system and have never looked back. I am honored to receive the prestigious Woman Entrepreneur of the Year Award from Franchise India.”
Entrepreneur India Awards 2011 (entrepreneurindia.org) also witnessed scintillating performances by singer Shibani Kashyap and Angels Dance Troupe. The awards ceremony was a part of Entrepreneur India 2011, a two day national conference which was organized to serve as a platform for the young and aspiring entrepreneurs to get a better understanding of entrepreneurship, innovation and how to unleash the creative potential in individuals, companies and regions.