Continues momentum with 18 percent overall growth:
• Worldwide software license sales increase 40 percent;
• Second quarter ongoing overall growth of 18 percent;
• New sales and repeat orders from a variety of new and existing customers, including Wendy's International, The USGA and Western Union.
Ektron added customers from a variety of industry sectors. New customers include Western Union, Wendy's International, XO Communications, The Pentagon Federal Credit Union and Educational Media Foundation Broadcasting. Ektron also expanded its business with many existing customers, including Time Warner Cable, Las Vegas Sands Corporation and The USGA.
"We're extremely excited to be working with Ektron to enhance our K-Love and Air1 radio websites," said Michael Cordato, senior project manager at Educational Media Foundation Broadcasting. "We have over 150,000 visitors to our various web properties every day and stream our broadcasts daily to over 10,000 Internet listeners. Our audience deserves the best web experience, whether they are using a web browser or mobile device to access our sites. We're convinced Ektron provides the most advanced web content management platform to help meet our goals."
Second-quarter customer success and industry highlights included:
• The Venetian Resort-Hotel-Casino in Las Vegas, a property of Las Vegas Sands Corporation and one of the world's most luxurious resort and convention destinations, is using the Ektron Web Content Management platform for its newly re-launched website, venetian.com. The Venetian site was the first of four planned website migrations during 2011 which will include marinabaysands.com, palazzo.com and lasvegassands.com.
• Lahey Clinic expanded its Ektron investment by leveraging Ektron's Mobile capabilities to better serve its growing audience of visitors who are accessing the site through mobile devices like tablets and smartphones.
• The new Toronto Pearson Airport website, operated by the Greater Toronto Airport Authority (GTAA), launched on the Ektron platform. The Toronto Pearson site leverages Ektron's multilingual content capabilities to feature content in both English and French. Live data feeds track more than 500 flights daily, while the site's home page enables visitors to find flight information quickly and easily.
• A survey released in June 2011 by W3Techs(1) noted Ektron was the most popular of commercial web content management systems among educational institutions.
• Demonstrating its continuing momentum in the educational sector, Ektron published two new customer case studies highlighting the use of the Ektron platform at Rice University and Morehead State University. Rice has over 300 websites powered by the Ektron Web Content Management platform. An Ektron customer since 2004, Morehead State launched a major website rebranding campaign in 2010 with a focus on better delivering content to the university's mobile audience.
"Ektron enjoyed another quarter of solid performance in Q2," said Bill Rogers, founder and CEO of Ektron. "The investments we've made in our technology and partner channel over the past 12 months continue to pay dividends. I'd like to thank our customers and partners for their support, and recognize the accomplishments of the Ektron team and their contributions to our business."
Ektron’s web content management (WCM) platform (ektron.com | ektron.co.uk | ektron.com.au) simplifies the creation, management and delivery of multi-channel customer experiences for global organizations that are looking to engage with customers online. Ektron speeds time-to-web, drives business outcomes, and builds customer loyalty through software that powers corporate websites, intranet portals, and social communities. Ektron goes beyond traditional WCM, putting the power of the entire customer lifecycle, from acquisition through conversion and retention, into the hands of your marketing and web teams so that customers continuously receive relevant, fresh content. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, with offices in Australia, Canada and the United Kingdom, Ektron has more than 8,000 customers worldwide including: The Home Depot, Kodak, Microsoft, NASDAQ and National Health Services UK.
Michael O’Connell, PAN Communications
P: 617-502-4362 / E: ektron[.]pancomm.com.
(1) "Distribution of content management systems among websites that use .edu" – Web Technology Surveys, June 20, 2011