PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Austin, TX, United States, 2011/07/12 - LifeSize Transit, LifeSize Bridge and LifeSize Control equip organizations with solutions intelligently optimized for their networks (Nasdaq: LOGI) (SIX: LOGN).
LifeSize, a division of Logitech, today announced enhancements to several of its infrastructure offerings, including a fully virtualized LifeSize® Transit™ server, 48-way video calling with LifeSize® Bridge™ and expanded multi-vendor interoperability with LifeSize® Control™. These improvements provide customers with a more scalable, open HD video framework that offers the lowest total cost of ownership and unparalleled flexibility to deploy, manage and extend video calling to their entire organization.
Today's announcement is the result of LifeSize's relentless focus on building infrastructure solutions that remove the complexity and deployment difficulties customers face. These enhancements allow organizations to truly leverage their investments and fully realize the productivity benefits of video conferencing. These new features accelerate the adoption of video by helping users connect to any network securely and easily while also providing IT with the foundational support needed to build and maintain world-class communications systems.
"Infrastructure is the foundation of your video network," said Craig Malloy, chief executive officer of LifeSize and Logitech senior vice president. "The technology behind it should be as seamless and interoperable as possible. LifeSize consistently gives customers flexibility, fast deployment and easy integration to enable video collaboration on an ever-larger scale. With the new infrastructure features announced today, we're redefining industry trends in virtualization, interoperability and scalability. Once again, LifeSize is rewriting the rules of video collaboration with groundbreaking simplicity—thus making video an essential component of every work environment."
New features of LifeSize infrastructure solutions include:
• LifeSize Transit: The SIP/H.323 firewall and NAT traversal solution now enables faster, easier deployment options for people inside and outside an organization. IT administrators have more choice and flexibility in how they deploy and manage through the virtualized options now available in LifeSize Transit Server's VMware® option.
• LifeSize Bridge: LifeSize's game-changing multipoint control unit (MCU) now offers the ability to collaborate with larger groups (up to 48 people on a single bridge call) and accelerate productivity – connecting more people in more locations. Along with 48-way video calling, LifeSize Bridge 1.1 includes 10 additional enhancements critical for enterprise deployments.
• LifeSize Control: The industry's most open and interoperable video management solution has expanded integration with LifeSize and other leading video conferencing vendors' products. LifeSize Control now offers greater control and management of the video environment with LifeSize Transit users including automatic LifeSize Transit account provisioning for LifeSize® Desktop™ and LifeSize endpoints.
Pricing and Availability
• LifeSize Bridge 1.1 is expected to be available in the third calendar quarter of 2011 for $64,999 U.S. MSRP; an additional license for 48-way calling capacity will be available for $14,999 U.S. MSRP
• LifeSize Transit 3.5 is now available at the following prices:
Transit Virtual Machine Software
o Transit Server Virtual Machine Software for $12,999 U.S. MSRP
o Transit Client Virtual Machine Software for $9,999 U.S. MSRP
Transit Hardware Appliance
o Transit Server for $14,999 U.S. MSRP
o Transit Client for $11,999 U.S. MSRP
• LifeSize Control 5.5 is expected to be available in the third calendar quarter of 2011 for $249 per seat (50 or more seat license)
About LifeSize Communications
LifeSize (lifesize.com) is a pioneer and world leader in high-definition video collaboration. Designed to make video conferencing truly universal, our full range of open standards-based systems offer enterprise-class, IT-friendly technologies that enable genuine human interaction over any distance. Founded in 2003 and acquired by Logitech in 2009, LifeSize, with its commitment to relentless innovation, continues to extend the highest-quality video conferencing capabilities to anyone, anywhere.
LifeSize, the LifeSize logo and other LifeSize marks are trademarks or registered trademarks of LifeSize Communications Inc. Logitech, the Logitech logo, and other Logitech marks are registered in Switzerland and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.