LifeSize, a division of Logitech, today announced an enhancement of its superior video conferencing offerings through full qualification with Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2. Today, all of the LifeSize 220™ Series endpoints (including LifeSize® Team 220™, LifeSize® Room 220™ and LifeSize® Express 220™) and LifeSize® Passport™ are officially qualified within the Office Communications Server 2007 R2 platform. These products are currently on display at the 2011 Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference taking place July 10-14 in Los Angeles.
By interoperating with Office Communications Server 2007 R2 and Microsoft Lync Server 2010, users can now experience seamless video calling across the enterprise to connect from conference rooms, shared workspaces, desktop PCs and mobile platforms.
“Once we achieved qualification with our Team 220 system, it was the next logical step to expand that offering to our entire line of products,” said Craig Malloy, chief executive officer of LifeSize and Logitech senior vice president. “I believe that our strong relationship with Microsoft reinforces LifeSize’s dedication to delivering a truly integrated video communications experience to anyone, anywhere.”
LifeSize announced qualification of its LifeSize Team 220 solution in late February 2011. At that time, the company was pursuing full qualification on an aggressive timeline: the end of the calendar year. Today, LifeSize has accomplished that feat five months earlier than forecasted and is currently the first video solution vendor to qualify its full suite for the Office Communications Server 2007 R2 platform.
Benefits of full suite qualification for Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 include:
• Simple deployment through auto configuration with the Office Communications Server 2007 R2;
• Authentication and Encryption (TLS/SRTP) for secure, reliable communications;
• Firewall/Network Address Translation (NAT) traversal via Microsoft Edge Services;
• Unified presence status with the ability to place and receive calls from one Office Communications Server 2007 R2 account across multiple devices (PC or a LifeSize system);
• Directory simplicity via LifeSize system and Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2 contact lists;
• Multiparty bridging through the embedded Multipoint Control Unit (MCU) inside LifeSize Room 220, LifeSize Team 220 and LifeSize Express 220
“Microsoft is pleased to broaden our collaboration with LifeSize and to continue to offer customers a great video experience,” Kirk Gregersen, senior director, Microsoft Lync. “LifeSize has truly established itself as a leader in the video industry with solutions such as the LifeSize 220™ Series endpoints."
Pricing and Availability
• LifeSize system software to support Microsoft Office Communications Server R2 and Microsoft Lync is globally available for download
• LifeSize Team 220 datasheet
• LifeSize Room 220 datasheet
• LifeSize Express 220 datasheet
• LifeSize Passport datasheet
• Unified Communications Interoperability Forum (UCIF)
• LifeSize video solution resources on Microsoft TechNet
• More information on Microsoft and LifeSize
• LifeSize blog
About LifeSize Communications
LifeSize (lifesize.com) is a pioneer and world leader in high-definition video collaboration. Designed to make video conferencing truly universal, our full range of open standards-based systems offer enterprise-class, IT-friendly technologies that enable genuine human interaction over any distance. Founded in 2003 and acquired by Logitech in 2009, LifeSize, with its commitment to relentless innovation, continues to extend the highest-quality video conferencing capabilities to anyone, anywhere.
LifeSize, the LifeSize logo and other LifeSize marks are trademarks or registered trademarks of LifeSize Communications Inc. Logitech, the Logitech logo, and other Logitech marks are registered in Switzerland and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.