Roaring Penguin Software Inc., the email filtering experts, makers of the acclaimed CanIt Archiver and Hosted CanIt Archiver, announce the release of a white paper on email archiving and email continuity. Requirements, configurations and technical issues are covered for both archiving and continuity. Two scenarios are covered: Archiving and continuity are examined as an on-premises solution and as a hosted cloud service.
Email archiving is becoming important for many companies for several reasons:
• Every business has key employees or a vital business division such as finance which must keep operationally critical records including email. Some industries such as health care are required to archive email in compliance with government regulations, e.g., HIPPA, SOX, FOIA, etc.
• Many companies archive email for a multitude of reasons related to intellectual property or to facilitate discovery in the event of litigation. A searchable archive can greatly speed up the process and reduce discovery costs in the event of a legal dispute.
Individual companies have their own requirements and internal policies for email retention, and need to be able to define by what parameters and which emails are retained.
Roaring Penguin's CanIt Archiver, "The Uninterruptible Email Supply", is a highly-configurable email archiving and continuity solution. CanIt Archiver ensures that email is accessible in the event of a mail server outage and queues email to ensure it is delivered when mail service is restored.
In addition to the CanIt Archiver line, Roaring Penguin is widely recognized for its anti-spam solutions:
• CanIt-PRO, an anti-spam software solution suitable for small and medium businesses.
• CanIt-Domain-PRO, spam filtering software for MSPs to host anti-spam for their customers.
• Hosted CanIt, a fully outsourced, hosted anti-spam service.
About Roaring Penguin
Founded in 1999, Roaring Penguin Software Inc. (roaringpenguin.com) , the email filtering experts, focuses on fighting spam at the mail server, with the acclaimed CanIt and MIMEDefang product lines. Today, Roaring Penguin develops its anti-spam solutions and email archiving / email continuity software for customers that include enterprises, ISPs, Universities, web hosts, and government offices.