Radware, a leading provider of integrated application delivery solutions for business-smart networking, today announced its Alteon® OS 27 has achieved certified integration with the SAP NetWeaver® technology platform. With the use of the Alteon OS 27, SAP® applications experienced faster application response time, increased efficiency and higher availability.
The SAP Integration and Certification Center (SAP ICC) has certified Radware’s Alteon OS 27 for integration with SAP NetWeaver 7.0 via the following three integration scenarios: application delivery and WAN optimization-network performance optimization for enterprise SOA-based solutions 1.0 (ESOA-AW-PO 1.0), network security for enterprise SOA-based solutions 1.0 (ESOA-AW-SEC 1.0), and reliability and availability for enterprise SOA-based solutions 1.0 (ESOA-AW-RA 1.0). To earn certified integration with SAP applications, the Alteon OS 27 solution passed all SAP certification requirements.
Extensive performance testing showed the ability of Radware’s Alteon OS 27 to improve the quality of experience (QoE) with SAP applications for end users, delivering up to 2x faster transaction response times as well as up to 3x faster file download. With increased speeds, SAP applications gained highly available infrastructure efficiency through Alteon’s health monitoring and smart load balancing features. Also, by leveraging Alteon OS 27’s compression, TCP optimization and other application acceleration features, SAP applications experienced reduced bandwidth consumption and up to 15 percent server processing offloading, which can lead to reduced costs and yield higher overall ROI.
In using Radware’s Alteon OS 27, now SAP-certified, end users can receive additional service benefits, including:
• Accelerated Application Performance – Organizations achieve significant improvements in SAP application performance through a set of application acceleration features including SSL acceleration, caching and compression– resulting in faster response time for improved productivity and QoE. Furthermore, by offloading CPU-intensive tasks from servers to the Alteon OS 27 application delivery controller, the same infrastructure running SAP applications is able to process more capacity while reducing server costs.
Additional benefits, although not certified by SAP, will provide customers with the following:
• Business continuity at all times – Alteon OS 27’s advanced health monitoring enables to instantly detect any unavailable resource along the transaction path, further guaranteeing transaction completion through redirecting requests only to the available servers. Even in case of disaster, Radware’s Alteon OS 27 global sever load balancing (GSLB) functionality automatically redirects new user requests to the disaster recovery (or backup) site. Users - or the IT manager - do not need to perform any configuration in their desktops/laptops or in the data center in order to benefit from this functionality.
• Link optimization - in case of an ISP outage, Alteon OS 27 automatically re-routes all traffic through the remaining links, further ensuring continuous service to the remote users of SAP applications.
• Enhanced security in support of SAP applications – By deploying Alteon OS 27 in conjunction with SAP applications, organizations can benefit from tighter security and regulatory compliance. This enables the continuous availability of SAP applications, protecting against known and emerging threats such as Network DoS (Denial of Service)/DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) attacks and HTTP page floods.
• Cost-effective scalability – Radware’s Alteon OS 27 is powered by the company’s OnDemand Switch® hardware platform which enables customers to pay for the exact capacity required for best investment protection. Through its “pay-as-you-grow” approach, no forklift upgrade is required, guaranteeing short-term and long-term savings on CAPEX and OPEX and full investment protection.
“We are pleased to have earned SAP certification of our Alteon OS 27 solution,” said Guri Geva, Director Global Alliances, Radware. “Radware understands that business needs can change in an instant – and with our cost-effective application delivery solutions such as Radware’s Alteon portfolio, we offer unique features that truly arm our partners with competitive advantages.”
Certification papers, technical integration guides, performance report and more are available at radware.com/SAPNetWeaver7.
Radware has incorporated the Alteon product family into its Business Smart Data Center solutions and strategy, which is based on an approach to offer a range of innovative capabilities. For more information on Alteon or any of Radware’s solutions, please visit the website.
Radware (radware.com), a global leader in integrated application delivery solutions, assures the full availability, maximum performance, and complete security of business-critical applications for nearly 10,000 enterprises and carriers worldwide. With APSolute®, Radware's comprehensive and award-winning suite of application delivery and network security products, companies in every industry can drive business productivity, improve profitability, and reduce IT operating and infrastructure costs by making their networks "business smart".
This press release may contain forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from these forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, general business conditions in the Application Switching or Network Security industry, changes in demand for Application Switching or Network Security products, the timing and amount or cancellation of orders and other risks detailed from time to time in Radware's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including Radware's Form 20-F.
SAP, SAP NetWeaver and all SAP logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP AG in Germany and in several other countries. All other product and service names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective companies.