Frost & Sullivan today honoured and recognized ICT's best at the 8th annual Frost & Sullivan Asia Pacific ICT Awards 2011 banquet held at the Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore.
The Awards seek to recognize the outstanding performance by companies in the Enterprise, Telecom, and Service Provider segments of the Information, Communication and Technology industry.
Axiata Group walked away with the Telecom Group of the Year award, one of six of the coveted Best of the Best awards presented at the dinner, for a third consecutive year.
"Axiata Group Berhad had another outstanding year in 2010, reporting US$5.1bn in revenue in 2011 which led all industry peers with a growth rate of 17.3% from 2009. The company also reported a significant increase growing from 5.1 percentage points from 2010 in EBITDA margin to reach 45.2%. Axiata's growth was driven by XL Axiata in Indonesia who was able to record 27.0% revenue growth and an 8 percentage point increase in EBITDA margin to 52.7%," said Marc Einstein, Industry Manager for ICT at Frost & Sullivan.
XL Axiata was also awarded the Wireless Service Provider of the Year, Service Provider of the Year and CEO of the Year awards.
Other notable recipients include Cisco Systems, Huawei, ZTE, Ericsson, Nokia Siemens Networks, and SingTel.
"2010 was a year of muted recovery for the Asia Pacific ICT sector and in that environment certain players clearly demonstrated an outstanding performance in the market. Relentless focus on issues impacting their customers, product and service innovation with unflinching execution has been the hallmarks for their performance. These award recipients are shaping the Asia Pacific ICT landscape," said Nitin Bhat, Partner and Senior Vice President of ICT at Frost & Sullivan.
Frost & Sullivan identifies the outstanding industry achievements in the past year by companies in the regional and global markets, through in-depth interviews, market analysis, performance measurements, and benchmarking of market participants to bring unique best practices to fore front.
Award recipients were evaluated based on their revenue growth, market share gains, leadership in new product introduction and innovation, breadth of products and solutions, major customer acquisition, and business and market strategy.
The results are then presented to an independent panel of judges, comprising of influential personalities, decision-makers and thought leaders from the ICT sector across Asia pacific. To view the complete list of 2011 ICT Awards judging panel, please visit, ict-awards.com/judges.shtml
Saluting ICT's Best
Frost & Sullivan congratulates all the recipients of the 2011 Frost & Sullivan Asia Pacific ICT Awards.
2011 Frost & Sullivan Asia Pacific ICT Awards Recipients
• Enterprise Vendor Categories:
- Enterprise Telephony Vendor of the Year - Cisco Systems
- Network Security Vendor of the Year - Check Point Software Technologies
- Contact Center Outsourcing Service Provider of the Year - Aegis
- Business Process Outsourcing Service Provider of the Year - Tata Consultancy Services
- Unified Communications Vendor of the Year - Cisco Systems
- Contact Center Applications Vendor of the Year - Genesys Telecommunications Laboratories
- Application Delivery Controller Vendor of the Year - F5 Networks
- WAN Optimization Controller Vendor of the - Year Riverbed Technology
- Enterprise Video Vendor of the Year - Polycom
- Conferencing and Collaboration Service Provider of the Year - Intercall
- Software as a Service Vendor of the Year - Salesforce.com
- Infrastructure as a Service Vendor of the Year - Amazon Web Services.
• Telecom Vendor Categories:
- Telecom BSS Vendor of the Year - Amdocs
- Telecom Service Management Vendor of the Year - Comptel Corporation
- Telecom Managed Services Provider of the Year - Ericsson
- IPTV Vendor of the Year - ZTE
- Carrier Data Infrastructure Vendor of the Year - Cisco Systems
- Fixed Broadband Equipment Vendor of the Year - Huawei
- Wireless Infrastructure Vendor of the Year - Nokia Siemens Networks.
• Service Provider Categories:
- Managed Service Provider of the Year - SingTel
- Fixed Broadband Service Provider of the Year - NTT
- Data Communications Service Provider of the Year - Orange Business Services
- Emerging Market Service Provider of the Year - Grameenphone
- Wireless Data Service Provider of the Year - Softbank
- Wireless Service Provider of the Year - XL Axiata.
• Best of the Best:
- Most Innovative Application Provider of the Year - Urban Planet Mobile
- Vendor of the Year - Huawei
- Most Promising Service Provider of the Year - emobile
- Service Provider of the Year - XL Axiata
- Telecom Group of the Year - Axiata Group.
• CEO of the Year:
Service Provider Hasnul Suhaimi - President Director, XL Axiata.
For more details on the 2011 Frost & Sullivan Asia Pacific ICT Awards log-on to ict-awards.com/.
Peoplexs and Robert Walters are Partner Sponsors while CIO Asia, MIS Asia and Computerworld Singapore, part of the Fairfax Business Media group, are Media Partners.
Frost & Sullivan celebrates its 50th Anniversary this year. Frost & Sullivan is proud to be among the top 25 companies with a history of over 50 years that participates in the Information and Consulting Industry worth US$366 billion globally.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan (frost.com), the Growth Partnership Company, enables clients to accelerate growth and achieve best-in-class positions in growth, innovation and leadership. The company's Growth Partnership Service provides the CEO and the CEO's Growth Team with disciplined research and best-practice models to drive the generation, evaluation, and implementation of powerful growth strategies. Frost & Sullivan leverages 50 years of experience in partnering with Global 1000 companies, emerging businesses and the investment community from more than 40 offices on six continents.